Thank you to everyone who made comments either privately or on the blog relating to my recent post-partum rambling. In my attempt to just relieve some exasperation I failed to tell Jake that I had posted this and after he read it he realized that I just needed some assistance and wasn't noting that I should ask for help...he has really stepped up and helped me gain some insight and control as well as lending more of a listening ear-thank you Jake for listening to my ramblings and gossip (as he calls it) the past week. I feel a whole lot better just from that :)
I'm afraid I may have misled some of you to believe that I need serious medical attention, the point of my post was to state that the more children I get the more behind I get in the goals that I have placed for myself and therefore I was asking for some SIMPLICITY advice.
I have been trying really hard to make my tiny basement apartment work for my family and get rid of a A LOT of CRAP! For as many times as we've moved I have just put things in storage, but it's been {almost} seven years of marriage and there are a few things that I just won't and haven't used so I say "be gone"... Jake has recently adopted this idea as well - as a side note, for those of you who know him, this is a seriously BIG step for the pack rat that he is, so we are working quickly to get through this before he changes his mind and thinks of a reason to keep it even longer...hehe, Jake I'm sorry I had to share that tid-bit about you :) We have recently accepted that this horrible, tiny, musty basement will be home longer than we originally intended so we have finally decorated and made it more of a home instead of a dwelling...I think that has helped to perk up my attitude as well. Again, thank you Jake for assisting in my directions :)
Thank you friends and family for your care and support. I took some advice and spent a night out with some girlfriends and was able to chat mommy to mommy for a few hours and I truly enjoyed it.
I am spending a lot of time organizing and setting a better routine to keep me sane and the kids happy and lovable {wink, wink}...just know that if I'm not writing on here it's because I'm getting things accomplished in my home!! Thanks again for listening/reading!!
5 years ago













3 comments:
Glad that you got some "girl time", that's what keeps me afloat sometimes!
take it from a person who gets medical attention for depression (long story), I totally didn't get that vibe from you. You are doing a wonderful job and as always, it does take some adjusting when a new baby comes. If you ever need to talk, just give me a call. We could even do a playdate :)
I never thought you needed medical attention, just a good girls night out :D
It was fun to see you . . we should go picks wild cucumbers or hops or something edible again. Those spontaneous little outings are a great boost!
Post a Comment