For dinner last night I decided to serve leftovers or whatever...yes, I caved in and made 5 different meals...most of which were just heated up in the microwave :) That's better than a 30 minute meal {wink, wink}...anyway, Bryant decided that he wanted a turkey sandwich.
We were all eating and Bryant takes a bite of sandwich and pulls back crying as if he'd bit his tongue or something. He explains that he took a bite and now his teeth feel loose. He took another bite before I could look and see what he was talking about and winces and pulls back somewhat crying...I look over at him and he is shocked that there is blood on his sandwich. I look at him and chuckle - "You have a loose tooth" and proceed to explain what that means.
He exclaims that he didn't want to loose any teeth until he was 6 (he will be 6 in December). I took one look at his tooth and told him that it would be out before he went to bed. This was at 6:30pm...he thought it was so cool that it would wiggle like that in his mouth that he was more interested in wiggling the thing to death than talking our ear off - as he usually does - he has quite the imagination and story telling abilities!!
Jake needed to visit his grandmother and Bryant went with-they returned a little after 10:30p (yes, it was incredibly late) with a tooth in a ziploc bag!!! Bryant had wiggled the thing right out of the socket! He was so proud of himself!! He put the bag under his pillow and this morning he announced that the tooth fairy had brought him an entire dollar bill!!!! He was ecstatic-he wanted to put it under his pillow again to get more money...HA!
He is well on his way to maturity-my "baby" is getting permanant teeth, starting school, and will only grow up from there...what an eye-opener. This all comes with mixed emotions, even Grandmother was a little saddened to notice that Bryant is really growing up now...what a thought!!
5 years ago













2 comments:
It is hard to watch your first born grow up. Time just slips away so fast!
Your family looks darling and so full of real life. I've liked reading about your family happenings.
Post a Comment