The General Relief Society meeting tonight was TOTALLY for me!!!
In relation to my recent struggles most of what they said tonight was just what I needed to hear.
Sister Beck reminded me that the most important things to do was to;
1. have faith
2. strengthen home and family
3. serve the Lord and His children
So simple it's easily overlooked as THE thing to do daily!
Sister Allred reminded me that attending the temple and participating in the ordinances I've made will bring the blessings I need.
Sister Thompson reminded me that I should devote myself to Relief Society and to not be so shy-just lift and bless others through service so I will be able to reflect the light of Christ in my countenance.
Elder Uchtdorf, what an amazing and strong talk!! The first thing he reminded me was that I, along with all the sisters in the world, are treasured daughters of God with infinite worth...something that I have forgotten since leaving Young Women's...the greatest tidbit I got from him was to not let fear of failure discourage me-it hit me between the eyes. That has been one of the major sources of my issues recently. And to create something that did not exsist before...what an interesting way to approach creativity! Just what I needed. I loved the quote he gave by the Peter Pan author..."Those who bring sunshine to others, bring it to themselves"...and the reminder that prayers are strong, but being an answer to prayers can be even stronger (or something along those lines).
I cannot wait to have this talk in print...the minute I notice it online I will be printing his and all the talks from this night. What a powerful night. I am grateful to my Visiting Teaching partner for inviting me to go with her...I don't know if I would have gotten the same things out of it had I gone alone. I love nights/days like this where I can edify myself and go home with a greater attitude and renewal to get things done and focus more on the Savior and His teachings!!
Update from last night: Jake is such a wonderful husband...he was so grateful that nobody got hurt and was so concerned for mine and the kids health that he cleaned the stove and fridge and walls and floor so I would not have to kick up so much dust when I went to finish cleaning the rest. It's still not good enough to cook in there, but the fridge has a lot that can be made into random meals that we'll be okay until I get it completely cleaned. Thank you Jake!
5 years ago













5 comments:
AMEN!
I felt like Elder Uchtdorf was talking just to me. I needed to hear all of it!
You are pure inspiration for the rest of us! I just finished reading about your terrible day, and through it all the underlying tone of your post is so positive! I have not heard the talks from last night yet (as they do not broadcast here) but I'm glad to hear they were so wonderful and uplifting! :)
1st- I also loved conference--ESPECIALLY Elder Uchtdorf's talk! Thanks for the recap on it. It was so wonderful
2nd-I'm glad you guys are okay! i did a similar thing to chicken a few weeks ago, but caught it before it really exploded. Sounds like you have the best husband in the world!
Yeah! It was a way great meeting, wasn't it?!
I have to say though it was all good, Elder Uchtdorf's talk had the most impact on me. It was so refreshing to hear about creativity-that is the first time I have heard any elaboration on this topic from church leaders.
Post a Comment