Sunday, February 1, 2009

Blessings

I am on such a spiritual high today. Rarely does that happen on the Sabbath, especially on a Sunday that Jake is working and I get the privledge of taking the children to church alone. I know that sounds contradictory, but you mom's-I hope-understand what I mean.

Being fast Sunday totally escaped me until I got to church, so I wasn't as prepared for the day as I would have liked. Bryant, immediately upon hearing that the meeting was left for testimonies, asked if he could share his. I approved/coached what he could say and sent him up. In his own-special-Bryant-way he introduced himself and proceeded to do the traditional child's testimony and then he threw in his own special line, "I love everyone in this world" sending chuckles around, but he is so sincere with that. He has a really hard time understanding why there are bad guys and why the army men are true fighters in the world-to him we should just love everyone!

This was our first full Sunday at church. It was amazing to me to realize how much this ward does not experience change...they ALL knew our names, at least our last name and most of them knew which house we had moved into. I was so astonished at how little the ward really was, we were warned last week that it was, but it's hard to comprehend until you see it-only about 100 people attend church each week. There are only 20 kids in primary, including the 5 in nursery, so the classes are all combined. There is only one Sunday School class-in the RS room. And there are only about 25 women who attended Relief Society. Coming from a larger ward and growing up in even larger wards I thought I may not like it, but after attending today it was AMAZING the Spirit that was felt and the warmth of welcome that I got! It seemed like everyone came up and introduced themself and seriously welcomed our family into the ward!

I am a little giddy now to go to church and meet new people! It will be so exciting to feel truly welcomed and "needed" in the ward. There were so many people that said that to me today, it's an interesting feeling. The bishop truly cares for the ward, it was evident in his testimony. I was touched and inspired to be a better member of the Church.

I keep thinking over and over that we are so incredibly blessed!!! The Lord knows what we need and when we need it, even if I keep getting the feeling that I should've been in this house long ago...we fit this house so well. It's weird to say that, but it's so true, this is the house that feels like home. Bryant LOVED going to his new school. His teacher is great, the students were nice and he feels like a BIG kid at school! I survived a very emotional week and started a new one on the greatest high you can get from attending church.

Blessings come in all sizes, shapes and colors!

11 comments:

Kristi M. said...

So great to read that the move was a great change for you guys for so many reasons. I bet they loved seeing your kids there. You added to their primary quite a bit. I love wards like that. Our first ward after we were married was like that and the one that we are in now is like that.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine a small ward like that but I'm sure it is wonderful to be noticed. How did the move go on JD's end?

mimi said...

I'm SO HAPPY for you Terressa! It sounds like you are surrounded by wonderful people!

Julia said...

i just love sundays when you're LESS spiritual than any other day of the week. I'm glad you were welcomed into your new ward so good! that will make all the difference in the world, and it sounds like you'll probably be put to work pretty quickly! (both good and bad i suppose!)

The Prices said...

I'm so glad things are working for you. I sometimes miss smaller wards since that is how I grew up. Send pics of your new house!

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

I'm so glad you had a great sunday and that your ward is going to be just awesome. By the way, Bunco is on the 12th, instead of the 10th. I hope that means you can still come.

Lisa said...

What a great uplifting post! I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well in your new place and I appreciate the "lift." :)

Amy said...

I am so glad that you guys are doing so good there, and that the ward was so inviting to you. I am pretty sure that house was meant for you guys more than us. I'm glad to have you guys near us. Your blog is so cute, by the way.

Janna said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that. I'm a little nervous about what our ward will be like, but your small ward sounds perfect! I'm glad all is going well for your kids, especially.

Anonymous said...

So, JD was also out of town for our check-out. I called today about the deposit and have yet to hear back. Well see I guess.

Emily said...

Terressa, we're coming your way next weekend. I'd love to come say hello. Will you email contact info to emipeterson@gmail.com?

Congrats on your move.