Friday, February 20, 2009

Spoiled

My husband is just soaking in the month of love!
He is continually spoiling me...when we moved last year to our little basement we did so in agree-ance (sp?) that we would be saving a money during the time we were there and would limit activities, eating out and TV-there wouldn't be any. I was excited at the prospect of teaching the children to use their imaginations, but it soon became a daunting task. The place was so small the yard was awful, and so we set out to see if there were any "local" channels we could catch with our rabbit ears. We found one, NBC. It worked, but didn't have good distracting cartoons for those moments you just need peace and quiet.
When we found out we were moving to a bigger place Jake promised I could have cable, I needed a slight relaxing outlet, sometimes. And he followed through! I got my cable a few days ago and I couldn't be more excited!! There are just some nights that you want to veg in front of the TV and movies get old after a while...it's been fun to watch Biggest Loser, Food Network and for the kids, Disney channel again!!! Someday I might even upgrade and get a DVR-just kidding...like I said, I'm spoiled. And I'm okay admitting that for this, as worldly as it sounds.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't handle not having tv either. Yay for being spoiled!

Kimber said...

Just another way that the new place is better - way to go Jake!

Sometimes the TV is the only get-a-way I get, not to mention having it for a babysitter. Not the most productive side of me or the best mothering side of me but it's worth a few minutes of peace and quiet like you said.

Camille said...

We all need a little t.v. time in the winter. I am loving Biggest Loser, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one!

Anonymous said...

when we move our plan is no tv as well... sounds like it doesn't work out. but we are willing to try. i hope the biggest loser is over before the end of march or else i won't get to see it. maybe i'll just come over to your house. :) also, fyi, our house is scheduled to be done march 14th.. so far nobody in our group actually believes them so we'll see how that goes.