Thursday, June 5, 2008

Forty-two

As I mentioned in the last post, Jake's favorite number is "42"! The story behind this goes back to when he was a kid...I sure hope I get it all correct. (any family that reads this and remembers it differently from what I've told, feel free to correct in the comments ;)).
He and his family were playing games downstairs when someone wanted to know the temperature outside, Jake raced up the stairs to check it out. He didn't return and the family was onto something new. He runs down the stairs and announces "42"! Nobody knew what he was talking about and they all just laughed. He explained, they got it, but it had been so long from the request that it is now a standing joke that when something "random" is said by the infamous Jake they all announce "42".
However, for him, this number has rung true to be his lucky number since! Even Disney and other movies are relating the same number of randomness-it's kind of funny actually.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Cute story. I LOVE your new blog look!! It's so summery! :)