Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

This is our first year to experience anything with the public schools, since Bryant is just in kindergarten. I feel badly that we really have to experiment with him, but I suppose I wouldn't figure it out if I didn't try and I might as well make mistakes now, eh?
Anyway, the PTO hosted a Halloween carnival the week before Halloween, it was quite fun! This kids enjoyed going to all the different "booths" (aka classrooms) to play games and earn tokens for prizes in the end. It was an experience...the school was a little small for how many people they were trying to accommodate, but it worked out. Even though it was crazy chaos, we'll probably go again next year!! As I'm writing this, I am realizing that I did not get a single picture of the carnival, but it was all fun-no arguments or anything-success!
There is always a Halloween parade at the school after lunch (or for the Kindergarteners, in the last hour and a half of class)...I was able to watch Bryant and his class move from room to room showing off their costumes...it totally took me back to the days when I was in Elementary school, whoa! Bryant ultimately wanted to be Iron Man, but we could not find a costume locally (go figure) and decided to make it, but that never happened...so Halloween morning we jumped in the car and sped to KMart for the 50% off sale and luckily found something he liked...it was ripped by Saturday morning ;)
hiding from the bus...

his AMAZING teacher was Cinderella

my handsome army man
after the parade...waiting for the party to begin
While Bryant was in school we took the girls to get their pictures taken at Walgreens...they were doing a free 5x7 and putting the pictures on CD for small price...Lydia decided to have an explosion just before we got inside, so we had the two older girls get their picture taken (thinking they had to be in the same photo)-the lady had no idea what she was doing...she didn't even center the photo!! oh well, it was free! After we got Lydia all changed, luckily the explosion didn't soak onto the dress, we got her photo taken and she wouldn't smile long enough for the camera to catch it, but again, it was free and that's the memory we have!!!
Princess #1 and #2

Princess #3 (her tiara got left at home)
After school, the local Motorsports shop had a public mini-party with a cake walk, bean bag toss and mini-trick-or-treating...we had fun, as you can tell from the cheeses!!! We then went trick-or-treating to the neighbors and to Great-grandma's and got stashes of candy that should last til Easter, if I can keep them from climbing to get into their buckets!!!



during the cake walk...they all won (eventually)
We had a great Halloween! With the kids getting older, it's just getting more and more fun to be a part of the holiday's (even though a few weeks ago, I told Jake I was boycotting all holiday's this year-he knew the threat wouldn't last long). I hope you all enjoyed your day as much as we did!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great Halloween and your recipes in the post below are INCREDIBLE!