As most of you know, or have figured out, I LOVE to host parties!!! A few years ago I suggested that since almost all of Jake's family lives around here that we should have more themed parties, including Halloween. I, of course, took charge and made it a dinner and party...it has become an anticipated and expected party-which I am grateful for...it gives me something to do. Each year the party evolves differently depending on the date and availability of people and, like this year, if there are any extras attending-the more the merrier!
These past few years I have made invitations and invited family members to bring a scary appetizer...it's always fun to see what others think of and create. This year I made beef stew, bread "bones", skeleton dip and witch "cakes"...it was fun! I will post the recipes and explanations to all of these on my recipe blog this week...check it out here.
bread "bones"
witch cakes
This year we had 14 children, so the games were more directed at them and then I realized that I did not take any pictures of the games, darn it. We played a matching game-where you match a candy bar to a Halloween topic (very fun, I got the idea from a baby shower); operation-they had to feel the body parts (but it ended up not so organized as that, they just felt what the objects were in the bags); guess the candies in the jar (I had two different ones); skeleton wrap (I got this idea from Vanilla Joy).
baby princess
ballerina, pirate, and "belle" (sort of)


















2 comments:
your skelelton dip its very cute. I love all the food ideas. Thats one of the things i do each year is make a halloween dinner so i will have to use that for next year.
cute little munchkins!
Post a Comment