Bryant is the big 6!!!
As the oldest child, I'm sure I will remember some of my experiences more prominently with him than any of the other children, but being an oldest child myself I understand how it can be. It brings tears to my eyes to see that he is now in school and getting even closer to the age of accountability...will I ever teach him enough before it makes a bigger impact on his life?! I sure hope so.
2 1/2 years
We were so eager to bring him to this world, and then once he was here we kept asking ourselves when his real parents were going to come and pick him up...not that he was a bad baby, we just didn't feel ready or worthy to raise him! He has been such a highlight in our lives...he is a typical boy, but there are times when we are so blown away with his courage, understanding, and gentleness! He is truly a gifted boy!
We were so eager to bring him to this world, and then once he was here we kept asking ourselves when his real parents were going to come and pick him up...not that he was a bad baby, we just didn't feel ready or worthy to raise him! He has been such a highlight in our lives...he is a typical boy, but there are times when we are so blown away with his courage, understanding, and gentleness! He is truly a gifted boy!
4 years
I am honored (and still very much scared) to be his mother...he will surely do great things in this world. We have always teased that if there could ever be a youth missionary he would be one of the first ones...he has no reservations for others, he is bold and willing to stick up for the rules! Sometimes in the bossy six-year-old, oldest child way, but he still knows when to stand up for the right and be a leader! I joke about it, but it humbles me to know that I may just be raising a modern-day stripling warrior-I have a lot to do to prepare him and myself!!
I am honored (and still very much scared) to be his mother...he will surely do great things in this world. We have always teased that if there could ever be a youth missionary he would be one of the first ones...he has no reservations for others, he is bold and willing to stick up for the rules! Sometimes in the bossy six-year-old, oldest child way, but he still knows when to stand up for the right and be a leader! I joke about it, but it humbles me to know that I may just be raising a modern-day stripling warrior-I have a lot to do to prepare him and myself!!

5 years old
He has accomplished much this year:
He has accomplished much this year:
- finished preschool
- started kindergarten
- been bullied at school
- overcome the bullies and now they are his friends
- lost two teeth
- learned to FINALLY pedel his training wheeled bike
- has grown immensely
- had gotten his tonsils/adnoids out (first hospital experience)
- his given many talks in primary and LOVES to prepare them
- is learning to read (scary, mostly because it's a major milestone of growing up)
- been camping with his dad for the 1st time
- traveled to Boise without his parents
- learned to be an even bigger helper with his sisters
He is a great example, however much he has to be reminded, he still accomplishes this concept. Happy Birthday Bryant!
WE LOVE YOU!
















3 comments:
Wow, I cant believe he is so old already!! Happy Birthday Bryant!! What a cute young man!
It's crazy to think you've got a six year old when I don't even have any children yet! I can't wait though! It's been fun reading about your family. Happy holidays!
Happy Birthday Bryant! He sounds like such a mature six year old. Hope he had a great birthday.
Post a Comment