Like I've said in previous posts, I have not joined the digital world-YET! I finally got my pictures back from Jake's pinning and graduation ceremonies and would like to share the evidence and emotion that Jake is officially an LPN (I guess minus the accreditation from the nation-he will take his boards by the end of the month, fingers crossed).
We had a wonderful celebration that lasted about 4 days. My mom arrived from Meridian late Saturday afternoon to be here for the pinning ceremony. I think that Jake was impressed and excited to know that someone in my family was able to attend-this is a big deal!
Sunday night we had a pre-Cinco de Mayo/Graduation party with Jake's family (who all live close) and my mom and my brother and his wife, who live in Pocatello. It was so fun and we had so much yummy food!!!
Monday we were to be in Idaho Falls at the Junior High by 5:30 to get a good seat and so Jake could get instructions on how the night would be. This was the night of the pinning. The whole family attended, this was much more personal and exciting than any graduation could be. It was so fun to hear the stories of the year and how much the students were different than almost any other class the teachers had experienced. They had a sense of humor and were a lot more diverse in their experience and knowledge which helped them to bond and learn better. We had a lot of laughs and tears (from me-I was so proud of him) that night.
Tuesday night was the graduation ceremony of EITC-there weren't a ton of students graduating, but enough that I did not bring the kids. Thank you Jared and Melissa for playing with them! Jake and I were actually able to attend a BBQ before graduation with some of his buddies from school and then we headed over the the Civic Auditorium. It was a traditional ceremony, but there were a lot of highlights from the school shared that I'm sure were not considered normal. The keynote speaker was amazing, he almost sounded like he was/has been a Stake President before-he focused his talk on time management and goal setting. I was very impressed with the talk and wish there was a way to obtain the script-it was really good!
Once Wednesday hit, I think Jake and I were both so tuckered out we wanted to sleep for the entire day. We were on such an emotional high throughout the weekend that it was a hard fall Wednesday and I think we're still picking up the pieces :)
At this point we are waiting for the arrival of Jake's temporary LPN license so he can begin work as well as the go ahead from the clinic in Idaho Falls that so desperately wants to hire him-they have had some reconstruction within the management and so they are talking to the Board on Monday with a very solid case that Jake is wanted and needed in their clinic and that he has a 99% chance to pass the boards first time! We are hoping that this next week will bring some awesome news. We are also waiting to find out when and where the NCLEX (the national test) is located so he can schedule his official test date and PASS THOSE BOARDS!!!
I am so proud of you Jake!
I guess blogger is having some sort of problem, I cannot get my pictures to post, I will get those up ASAP!
5 years ago













0 comments:
Post a Comment