Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Surgery Update

The doctor's know what they are talking about (sometimes that just doesn't happen)!!
The first night was a little odd, the kids only woke up for their medication...I think Jake and I didn't sleep because we couldn't hear any snoring in the background that we are used to. Saturday night was a little harder because they didn't really wake up for medication, but they both whined for it...it was an interesting struggle to get them to take their meds at 2am. By Sunday Sarah was back to her normal self as they predicted. Bryant is still not totally himself...he has really not understood the concept that he should not raise his voice or run so as not to irritate his throat and is therefore prolonging his recovery. He is having a hard time swallowing, but we keep reminding him and giving him some fancy medication that seems to help a little. Otherwise things are actually really good-you really don't notice they just had surgery.
The other amazing thing is that we have been trying so hard to get Sarah to understand that she is just too big for a pacifier (she only uses it at sleep times, unless she sees it and just pops it in). She isn't two, but I do not need two kids in diapers AND with a pacifier, something just doesn't seem right about that considering the age difference... Anyway, Sarah could not suck on the pacifier after surgery-we had it available and gave it to her, but it just wasn't working like she wanted it to. The first night we have it available and would give it to her, but she would get so mad that she couldn't suck she would toss it at us, since then I put them "out of sight, out of mind" and she has only asked/looked for them twice! I'm sure she could suck on it now, but why give it to her? This was amazing! I wouldn't really recommend this process for weaning off of pacifiers, a little on the expensive end, but hey it worked!
Now for potty training...it may have to wait until after the baby is born, we'll see...

0 comments: