Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Preschool Graduation

Bryant had his preschool graduation on Monday and it was so great! The weather was perfect-they had graduation at the park!
Beep-Beep, the clown, came to entertain the kids and she was amazing! She had some fun "magic" to show the kids and in the process taught them some manners along the way. Unfortunately I arrived all ready to capture the moment and the batteries on my camera were dead and of course I did not have back-up so NOTHING was captured on film...I am so distraught, but I suppose there are still some memories I can write about...
Beep-Beep was the name of the clown-she was so kid friendly and so crowd inviting it was hard not to just sign her up for the next birthday party (she charges $300 an hour, YIKES and yet worth it to a crowd of preschoolers).
She did some fun magic that the kids were really impressed with. She started out with some letters in the alphabet and praised the kids for knowing their letters so well she asked them why they weren't in kindergarten yet...a lot of mumbling came from the kids. She had the letters i, y, and Q. When she showed the letter i she responded by saying hi-the kids were very confused. she had them resay the letter and again she responded with hi. Then they said "y" and then "Q"-she had them say it faster and she responded with "I like you too!" The kids were so confused, but the parents laughed-it was a good start.
She had a "pet" frog. She said that her frog promised not to spit and then she went on to explain that if you catch a frog you shouldn't hold it too long because they need to stay wet. She then told the kids that her frog needed to go back into his cage so she could finish her show. She turns around and sprays the kids with the frog. One of the children told her that he did and she denied it. He insisted. She asked him if he liked to make up stories because there was just no way her frog spit-he promised he wouldn't. She started to put him away again and he spit on the kids again-they all screamed and insisted that the boy had been right and that he just spit on them again-it was so hilarious to hear the kids "fighting" with the clown!
She had gotten a happy meal before they came and went through all the items in her bag as being her favorite, but letting the kids know that her favorite thing was the straw-she then put it in her pocket and told the kids about her grandpa and that he had given her his special formula miracle grow-never to be used on people and his special formula of shrinking chemicals-also to never be used on people. She then got a volunteer student and had them hold the bag and put in the straw. Beep-beep wanted to shrink the straw, and taught the kids her magic words "hocus pocus, chicken bones choke us" she then picked up her miracle grow formula and started to put in on...the kids were yelling that it was the wrong one, but she didn't hear them until she was done-she exclaimed that something just didn't look right and then she told the kids that they weren't fast enough to tell her she was doing to wrong bottle-it was so funny. She then pulls out a gigantic straw that was taller than her-she was a good 5'3" or so-the kids were so impressed, this is when they really caught onto the "magic" of the show.
She was so fun...she had a lot more acts, but I don't need to share them all. These were some of my favorites. I just wish I could have pictures to prove how fun and exciting it was and show the expressions on Bryant's face at each act. Oh well, the stories are just as fun sometimes. I'm glad I can at least preserve those.

0 comments: