
What a brave girl. Kayelynn had a dentist appointment a few weeks ago to get her teeth cleaned and she did awesome! However, we found out she had a pretty deep cavity on her back molar so her appointment was scheduled for this afternoon.
When we got there she decided that she wanted me to go back with her (all the while we were planning on Jake going back there...took us by surprise). She got to have the funny gas or whatever it's called and they said she'd look like an elephant, she did not like that idea at all, but was brave and let them put it on her. Then they gave her the numbing cream, which they called sleepy tooth medicine-she thought that was strange, but went with it.
The doctor told her to put her hands on her tummy and not let her belly button move-she did really good at keeping track of her belly button. After the doctor massaged her lips to get the numbing cream to work he gave her three shots-I could tell be her expression that she was more concerned with what the tool was that they were using than the feeling of it-which relieved me because I wasn't so sure the numbing cream was working yet.
They then put a "trampoline" on her tooth-the big blue guard so they see just the tooth they are working on, that is the only time I saw her flinch even a little and it was because of the strange pressure put on her tooth than anything. The doctor kept telling her she was being such a big helper and they he was so proud of her. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she was happy for that! She was done really fast-didn't cry at all!
She got up from having the happy gas and she was a little loopy, but it wore off quickly. She was really interested in the huge feel of her mouth that she kept trying to knaw through her cheek and tongue, but I kept reminding her that it would really hurt when her lips woke up. She stopped shortly after that.
About 3 hours later she came into the kitchen asking me to look at her lips because they were so big-I quickly remembered that to her they felt big, but I reminded her that it was her lips waking up and it would feel funny. She just kept pulling at her lips, it was pretty comical!
She is just a brave girl-she is usually shy and quick with emotion, but today she was really brave and did what she was told in a heartbeat! I am so proud of her!
(I told you I couldn't promise that the kids wouldn't be included this month :)).













1 comments:
Oh I hope I can be as brave I go in on Wendsday next week. Man thats great she did so good!
Post a Comment