Okay, this kid, if you don't really know him, can say the funniest things ever. They sometimes are very embarassing, but we still laugh. They are so funny that I don't think I'll forget them but by the time Jake gets home I've already forgotten how he said it to make it so stinking funny. I'm hoping I can do better at writing things down :)
However, at church on Sunday he said the funniest thing during Sacrament meeting, I don't think I'll forget this one for a long time.
We were actually in the middle of Sacrament where I try really hard to teach my children to not speak and to think of Christ. I have made a "quiet book" that is all about Him for the kids to look at and hopefully learn a little something.
Well, Bryant was actually listening to the sacrament prayer and wondered why the water was blood...I tried to explain, but he told me that my explanation didn't make sense, so Jake explained-we thought he was content with the answer as he started silently (which was a miracle) looking at the quiet book.
All of a sudden I hear Bryant "whisper" (you have to understand that Bryant does not understand what a whisper really is and since we were in the gym, on the very last row, his whisper carried) "did Jesus have a hot tub?" holy cow, I immediately look at what he has in his lap and there the quiet book is open to the page on baptism..where this child's mind wanders is a wonder, but this gave a pretty good glimps into his mind :)
We were laughing so hard and he was so confused...poor kid had no idea why that would be a funny question. i'm not sure if he accepts the answer, but it was so funny and the family in front of us practically spit to stiffle their laugh!
5 years ago













3 comments:
To add a little on his question, he had asked me why Jeasus died, I explained how we all make bad choices that get us dirty like mud and HF has a white mansion for us to live in and we all have to be clean to go in. After I explained Jesus help wash us clean...Bryant asked if he has a baptism pool with him...then if he used a hose...a few other things to which I replied and then after 3 minutes of looking in the quiet book he asked the hot tub question. I had to fight not to bust a gut for that one. I believe he is just preparing himself for the literal washing. Love you son. Big Jake
Kids are hilarious!!! That is so funny!!!
That is sooo funny! It does look like that, if you think about it.
Post a Comment