Tuesday, February 2, 2010

you're looking...

PREGNANT!!!
All I have heard the last week is how horrible/miserable I look. I thought I was doing pretty good, but my belly is shouting how heavy it is by how much it's dropped closer and closer to my knees.
I went to the midwife today and heard only the most horrible news a mother could hear (especially one that has had a few kids)...still at a 3!! haven't progressed much, except that baby has come down into position again and that I look like I've dropped. All good signs, I suppose, but seriously! the "weight" is getting to me. At this point it could be a dragon baby and I would be happy that it is out of me. I have hit that time in pregnancy where I absolutely have no energy beyond the bare, bare necessities. Even some of those are sliding by. Laundry is piled a mile high, both in what needs folded and what needs washed. The dishes finally got done tonight, but only because I just couldn't handle it a second longer. The floor needs mopped and vacuumed and the bathrooms-I won't even go there! But you know, I just don't have energy. I hate to admit that, but it's true. Is that a sign??
However, a slight selfish part of me hopes this baby decides to stay in just a little longer now that she didn't come out today. I have a fun night scheduled for Thursday that I surely don't want to miss and I have a fun night Saturday that I would been seriously sad to miss. So, I've told her she now has to wait and come anytime after 9pm Saturday (she just has to give me enough notice to make it 20 minutes to the hospital). With all the contractions I've been having for the past two weeks, I just hope we can get things done quickly when the time arrives :) No more jokes from this kiddo, please.
Bryant came home today hoping with all his heart that I was at the hospital, he was disappointed for a few minutes and then has just kept saying that she can come any day. He's been a good helper knowing I can't do as much right now. The kids are so excited they have started to pray that the baby come out "tomorrow". They are too excited and Lydia can't help but join in the excitement, although she has no idea, nor will she like it. So, here's to "tomorrow"!!

3 comments:

Sarah d' said...

Tomorrow! Tomorrrow! I love ya, TOMORRROOOOW!!! (Sorry. I couldn't resist. The Singing and Dancing Drama Queen in me just has to get out sometimes!) Be strong, Mamma! I'm so glad you have some fun things planned this week! ENJOY the freedom from nursing while you still can!!! Keep us posted!!!

(I just keep thinking of Eve, 5 days overdue in February and emerging at a whopping 9 pounds, 10 ounces and 23 inches long!!! WHY? OH WHY?!? Just be glad that you are threatened every time you go to the Dr with ,"If you don't have this baby soon, we'll give you a c-section!" because I couldn't be induced because of my previous C-section and I was at high risk because of it. By the 5th day past her due date I was a MESS!!! So. . . all things considered, you're doing INCREDIBLY WELL!!!)

Robins Fam said...

I have learned that the best way to get a baby out is to make plans to do something that you really really need or want to do. The baby will undoubtedly come that day. So here's to Thursday!!

The Raguskus Family said...

hang in there!