I officially survived my first day alone with 5 children, granted one is in school all day, but still the routine of life had to keep going and although I am beyond tired I still had to get up and keep with life. There were many tender mercy moments throughout the day that just kept me going and I'm truly grateful!
There were minor interruptions in the routine that threw us off, but we all survived and still wanted to be around each other by bed time, no one prayed for mommy to not be grumpy-I must have done a pretty good job. Lydia is still learning that I will be holding Emily a lot more than she wants and that I can't always have her just climb on my lap. She refused to take a nap today and by bedtime she was so tired and still wouldn't fall asleep. I was nursing Emily and asked Lydia to come sit by me so I could snuggle her while I took care of Emily, she immediately climbed next to me and feel fast asleep. Oh how I miss being able to hold her whenever she asks. We will get there I know. One day down...bring on another!
5 years ago













7 comments:
Great job! I know you can do it! You're an awesome mom and your kids love you. It's always hard to add another child into the mix but Heavenly Father knows that and blesses us every step of the way. Know that you have people rootin' for you and that you are doing great!
you're awesome! One day at a time.
I'm impressed! Great job T!
Great job!!! And life will find a good even ground soon enough.
Adding a new baby is always an adjustment! You are a great mother! Keep up the good work!
Hey I just read back on your house building this past few months. Honey, you have had a lot on your plate. And pregnant with number 5. I say, girl pat yourself on the back! You are doing a fabulous job. Your house looks amazing. LOVE the basement. Post more pictures...that is in your free time, with new baby on top of 4 other little ones. You are amazing. Let me know when you are over in our neck of the woods. It would be really fun to get togther.
Dude, I was in the grocery store today and saw a "first time mom" who had ventured out for the first time since the event. The look on her face was nuttin like it would be to have taken on 5 (as she watched my two boys fighting in the aisle, creating chaos). I promised to bring her in some food and we shall see what her outlook on the whole mommy thing is tomorrow...(i'm laughing inside.LOUD) So glad to hear you survived that day but also curious that you havent posted since then...? We all know the truth you super-mom-of-the-year nominiee. Way long deserved and well earned! Cant wait to meet this 2/10/10 child. ttfn.
Post a Comment