Wednesday, February 10, 2010

BABY

7am - arrived for induction
8:45am - midwife arrived to break water
10:30am - water finally started leaking, and I started walking to jump start contractions; checking in every half hour for baby heart beat.
12:30pm - contractions started hitting, rested
2:30pm - decided to walk again, only lasted 1/2 hour
3pm - at a 6 and going "quickly", finally got some pain meds, midwife arrived
4:30pm - meds wore off, "walked" in room-this was the real thing
5:09pm - 3-4 pushes later and she was out

8lbs. 14 oz.
19 inches


We still don't have a name...working on that...



She LOVES to eat!
She has two huge, adorable dimples!
She is very alert, and just trying to rest...I'm finding she likes to be on her side...

We are doing very well. Everyone is invited to see her next Saturday, Feb. 20th...I am having an open house for Miche bags-LOVE them (it's my new diaper bag) from 11am- 2pm...feel free to come browse the bags, coddle the baby and see our new home!

Thank you everyone for your love, support, thoughts and prayers.

21 comments:

Janeal said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

The Henderson Family said...

Congrats and Hoorah!

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

Yea!! I'm so glad she's finally made her debut. She's beautiful.

Julia said...

Congrats! I bet you're glad that that is over with, huh?? She's beautiful!

Unknown said...

congrats. She is so cute

Goss Family said...

So cute! Congrats!!!

Rachel said...

I'm glad everything went well! Congratulations! Let me know if you need anything.

Dacia said...

so happy for you! Congrats!

kerrie said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad to hear everything went well! She has such cute, chunky cheeks.

The Nielsons said...

Yay she's here! We would love to see her but will have to wait until you are in town sometime. Good luck and congrats!

The Sharp Family said...

Congrats!!!! I'm so excited for you. She is adorable!

The Prices said...

That's wonderful! Even with the squishy newborn look, you can still tell she's a Thornock!

Tina said...

Oh sooooo cute!!!! Congrats I'm excited to see more pictures!! Way to go girl!!

Jana said...

Congrats, Terressa. She's beautiful!

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

Still no name?!

Kami said...

She is adorable! Congrats! My friend is having her baby tomorrow and still no name either. Hopefully you will think of one :)

The Raguskus Family said...

Congrats! I bet you are feeling splendid now!!! Glad to hear it all went well!

jenny said...

Congrats! How sweet!!!

Karin said...

Yeah! I've been wondering about you ever since the baptism meeting! She is adorable - Congrats to you, Jake, and your kids!

Robins Fam said...

Beautiful! I can't believe you are having an open house a week after you had a baby. Super Mom!!

nateandcole said...

Wow, all in a day's work. 8-5, and you have her--impressive. Congratulations! What fun to have a newborn baby again in your home.