I'm sure you are sick of hearing about this baby and I feel badly that it's all I have to post about, but seriously when you are planning for the arrival of a new little bundle there's not much more your brain or body thinks about. And then you add 4 children that are constantly adding to the anxious frenzy...
We have officially hit 39 weeks (I have not made it this far since being pregnant with Bryant). I have been having some pretty good contractions since about Wednesday night, but they are too random to make the 20 minute drive just to be told to go home. I have been getting really tired and nauseous feeling in the evenings and Jake has been really good at helping get the kids to bed while I relax (and usually end up falling asleep).
I have an appointment tomorrow morning and hope that the midwife can get something going this week since she will be leaving town Friday afternoon. This should be the week...haha!
We have been staying as busy as possible though. Jake is doing well in school, Bryant is jumping leaps and bounds with his reading, Kayelynn is teaching herself how to read, Sarah is trying so hard to spell her name, and Lydia is just sprouting with her personality daily!! There has been a slight air of tension in the home because we don't want to plan too much just to end up disappointing the kids, so we made Saturday a day away from home; we did a little shopping and then walked and walked and walked the mall. The kids were a little confused at first, but then realized that if we stay moving then maybe, just maybe, the baby would come out of mommy's tummy...when we got home they wanted to walk around the neighborhood too. I was so sore and we still had the ward adult party to attend.
We went to the ward party (Jake was kicking and screaming-it's so not his thing), which was a 70's/80's theme. And because I was part of the program-some of us were doing a lip sync-I stressed out on how to dress up (I hadn't planned to be there really). What on earth did pregnant women wear in the 80's??? No offense, but they wore seriously ugly clothing! I went to the DI and couldn't get myself to purchase anything, it was hideous. So I just put a few pieces together of what I own, and slathered on the makeup and put accessories on (not really sure I looked the part, but I tried). It ended up being a very entertaining night, the activities committee really knows how to have fun and the ward is very good at participating!
After all the dancing and walking Saturday I was sure it would trigger something, but Sunday came and went with a few intense contractions, but not enough to "count". Jake just text me that he has people to come in and cover for him today, if needed-too bad we can't just tell a baby when to come, they really just have to come on their own!
5 years ago













1 comments:
You are such a good sport!!! I am in awe at your patience!
The good news is. . . she WILL come! She has to! And then you'll have a beautiful new baby in your arms to snuggle and cuddle and all of this will be just a memory. . . (Oh my GOSH! I am totally crying right now. What is wrong with me? I think I just might be baby hungry, ya' think?!? Next year when I am hopefully on your side, I'll need you to write me an encouraging e-mail and cry, okay?)
Keep your chin up and your cervix open! ;)
Love you!
-Sarah
Post a Comment