Tuesday, February 9, 2010

On her way...

I had some seriously awesome contractions yesterday that started about 1pm. Jake suggested about 7pm that I call the midwife and get some advice since they weren't getting any worse with walking and they would pretty much subside when I sat (at least in any pain level). I finally got in touch with her about 8pm and her suggestion was that I stay home and try to rest through them, if not, then make my way up-in the mean time she said not to wait until my scheduled appointment today, but to come first thing...I went to bed at 10:30pm and only woke a few times to the feelings of contractions. I was more than a little annoyed. We made it to the doctor just after 9am (which is when they open) and prayed and prayed I would be at a 4 or better yet a 5, but seriously I am at a 3.5!!!!!! I wanted to cry and the midwife had joked that if I was still at a 3 that she might cry with me. She immediately asked if we wanted to wait a few more days or just be induced. Jake immediately answered with a positive induction! He skipped school today hoping we could go today and has work covered for tomorrow, but beyond that he can't afford to miss more school or work, so she went to call the hospital while I had a pretty good pity party and silently cried!
We are scheduled to go in tomorrow (Wednesday) morning at 7am to begin the induction, which for me has only ever involved them breaking my water. We have to call around 6am to make sure there is still a bed open, before we make the 20 minute trek.
So, as of now our newest addition is on her way....there will be updates tomorrow, keep checking here and facebook. There won't be any pictures right away, but we can surely give small details :)
Thank you all for your support and prayers through these months. We just can't wait to meet our little bundle (still without a name)...

7 comments:

Dacia said...

so excited for you!! Good luck!

Julia said...

ohhhh!!! good luck and i'm so sorry at the same time:)

The Prices said...

yay! Before you know it she'll be here and everything will be better!

Janna said...

Bummer! I'm only 37 weeks, and already feel overdue. It seems to be forever away!!!

Robins Fam said...

Good luck!!! can't wait to see your newest little one!

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

I'm so glad the end in finally in sight. You've been such a trooper. I hope all goes well with labor and delivery. Can't wait to hear about it all!!

Anonymous said...

that makes me so happy.. i have been wondering about you guys. do you need a babysitter??? PLEASE call me i'm only 5 min. away!!