In my last post I stated I had survived my first day alone with 5 children...then why haven't I posted in a good three weeks? There's lots of reasons actually, but to put it in a nutshell-I've survived barely hanging by the skin of my teeth (why do we have that phrase anyway??)
I'm not going to lie, five is by far the hardest number I have dealt with, but I"m realizing it's mostly because #4 really likes my attention is not very happy that she doesn't get as much. She has adjusted rather well and the other girls have really stepped up to keep her company, but there are those moments when she just wants me and I just can't hold her as long as she would like. It's very heart breaking. We do sneak in snuggle times more and more which is great for both of us.
In the meantime, I woke up this morning and realized it's been one month since Emily was born! Holy cow, it has gone fast. Mostly in part to all the events that have taken place in such a short time. Kayelynn turned FIVE on the 24th of February!! Bryant has started wrestling and we just had Emily's blessing on Sunday.
HAPPY #5 KAYELYNN!!!
getting tips from a dad/coach
EMILY blessing
she was not so happy to pose, she just wanted to eat :)
peaceful
our new family of 7!
I have to say, I am so glad that we have such a loving and caring ward, they brought in many meals and it has saved me more than I care to count! I am so glad that people understand that my house is not going to be clean when they come to visit, especially the unfinished basement that has toys scattered from wall to wall in both directions! I am so glad that Emily is a good baby-even if she doesn't sleep in her bed during the day-that's what Moby wraps were invented for, mom's to use both extremities while still holding their baby!!













12 comments:
I love all the new pictures! What a beautiful family you have!
Melissa :)
Great pictures.
Okay so with a birthday, a baby blessing, looks like family was in visiting and just regular adjusting to 5 little people, you are probably ready to scream!!! Keep in mind, that is will only last for a short time. You are a fabulous mommy to realize that you 2nd to last still needs that mommy time. I admire you.
Hey and I know it took me forever to ship, but I sent you something today. Hopefully you will get it by the end of the week. I love the pictures. Your family looks Great!!
Oh Teressa, you are one amazing woman. I am so jealous of how well you handle things...even when you think you aren't. You may feel like you want to explode at the end of the day...but I actually do..my poor kids! Good luck with 5! you can do it!!!!!!
Those are great pictures of you guys! Let me know if you need any help!!
What a great looking family! Keep surviving girl!
You have been really busy to add to the 5 kids. A birthday, blessing and sports are definitely time fillers. What a beautiful family!
I'm super impressed, T! I don't think I would've survived this long. Way to go!!
I'm AMAZED you are still getting DRESSED every day with five kids! When I had #5 there were many days I didn't even do THAT!
Don't be too hard on yourself or expect too much! Peter was still extremely clingy when Marie was born and it was so hard to have to be in the NICU with her when I knew Peter was screaming for me at home. Once she got out of the hospital, though, my philosophy was to put him first as often as I could. A newborn can cry for a minute or two without getting their feelings hurt, but a toddler doesn't understand why you won't hold them and I think it's good for them to see that they are just as important as the new baby.
You're really are doing FABULOUSLY, though. You need to give yourself a HUGE pat on the back! The pictures speak for themselves!
WHAT?!? And you are all dressed for church, matching outfits, hair combed, and smiling at a camera?! ( how much did your dad pay you to get this picture?)
WAY TO GO! :) U ROCK !!
Wow-love the castle cake-good job Jake!
Love the pics! Your kids are so cute. I love the castle cake too. Cool!
What a cute cake!
Post a Comment