New Year's resolutions...do you do them? Subconsiously, I'm pretty sure I've done them in the past, but never written them down and therefore didn't remember what they were let alone achieved them!
This year one of my resolutions is to actually write down some of the goals I would like to achieve this year or even just improve on.
Lucky for me, I have decided to write them here, so everyone can see what they are and I will be a little more obligated to do something since everyone will know that's what I need to accomplish...oh, the fear and anxiety I'm already feeling ;)
1. be better at following through with FHE-establish a system
2. arise an hour before the kids-have "me" time to read scriptures, Sunday lessons, Ensign, etc.
3. make breakfast on the weekdays (not cereal)
4. speak in quieter tones
5. exercise-even a little 3 times a week!
6. learn to cook better
7. overcome my crafty fears and just TRY-it's been so long, I'm more afraid of failure than ever before
8. take time to write letters and thank you cards more often
9. take more time to PLAY with the kids (and not worry about other "stuff")
Most of these are things I want to improve on, not necessarily start. The way I see it, it take 21 days to form a habit (so they say)...so I will just start with one goal at a time (about one a month and in no particular order) and hopefully be a better, more self-confident and committed person by the end of 2009!
I officially began with #2 today, so by the end of the month it should be MUCH easier for me to arise earlier and get that burst of energy I'm needing!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
5 years ago













5 comments:
Wow, you're ambitious! :-)
I think those all sound like wonderful goals! I feel inspired! I need a list!:)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your musings about the process of goal-setting as well as your goals. Thanks for sharing! It looks like we're working on many of the same things! Feel free to motivate me! :)
I think the goal I HAVE to set along with all of the other self-improvement-type of goals is just two words : ENJOY IT. Those two words help me so much!
Good luck! You're AMAZING and I admire and love you!
I think we share the same goals... and really, you can fit #2, 3 and maybe 5,8 together by getting up that hour earlier (getting up 6:00 is my main goal--so I can have time to make better breakfasts, read, exercise, get dressed.. you know). We should report back to each other!
Your goals are so similar to the ones I've set for this year too! It's so crazy to make time sometimes, but it is possible I'm finidng. Good luck with all your goals!
Post a Comment