Thursday, January 22, 2009

Safety First!

Let me preface this story with the fact that this is simply a story and not a hint for help...

Last night I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner. When you're moving it's a lot harder to make anything...especially when you want to just pack the kitchen already! Anyway, I finally figured that we would just have breakfast for dinner. Simple and the kids love it!

I made toast, scrambled eggs, sausage patties (the frozen ones), bacon (had an open pkg in the fridge). Well, everything was hunky dorey and I was starting to get asked when we could eat. I put everyone's plates together and told the kids to wait while I finished the bacon. **Side note, our kitchen chairs are just fold up chairs and since we were eating in the living room as the kitchen was over run with boxes the chairs got folded up against the deep freeze which is next to the microwave** I was getting the bacon out of the microwave holding the chairs so they wouldn't fall on Lydia (she is super unhappy if she's not in the same room as me) and then my focus got deterred...sizzling bacon grease all over my fingers!!!!!!!!!

After keeping my hand in freezing cold water for about an hour and a half there was still a burning feeling and today I have a blister on the pad of my thumb and on the inside of my ring finger...makes a perfect recipe for packing boxes and changing diapers!

Safety first! Don't rush what doesn't need to be rushed or just wait until the bacon has cooled a little in the microwave first...lesson learned.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! Do you need some melaleuca oil? (Russell would be so proud of me! hahaha) oh and btw, you need to call me back! how's friday sound?

Dacia said...

Yikes. I can't stand burns, they hurt so bad! I hope it gets better soon!!

mimi said...

OUCH :(...I'm so sorry...I hope it heals quickly!!!

Robins Fam said...

Sounds like you've got your hands full! ;-) I hope it heals fast for you, the kids are perfect during the packing/moving process, and everything goes perfectly for you!! Good luck!

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

Ouch!! I'm so sorry that happened! I seem to always hurt myself when I'm in a hurry. I hate burns - they just keep on burning.

The JL McGregor Family said...

Burns are about the worst kind of ouchie because they burn so long and then they just keep on hurting. Moving and cleaning the apt. is a lot of work! Yes, I made the capes for the kids for Christmas. It should've been super easy except I didn't buy the right material ( can't 'think of the word... the kind that you don't have to worry about hemming). Also, HOW did you get 6 credits in 3 1/2 weeks?! I would love to be done in 3 1/2 weeks!!!

Darbie said...

Ouch! Shaun won't even cook bacon anymore after his burn. Congrats on the move. It will be nice for you to have so much more space.