Thursday, January 8, 2009

Drum Roll Please...

...good things come to those that wait! 2009 is looking like it's ringing in with some great possibilities and testimony builders!

We got a phone call on Thursday, Jan. 1st asking Jake if he would like to pick up some "fix-it" work on the side and possibly trade labor for discounted rent...
for those of you that know our housing situation this is an AMAZING offer! A dream come true for me ;) and an answer to many extended prayers.

Looking further into the situation it is almost too amazing to be real...a 5-6 bedroom house, 3 bathrooms, 3 living rooms, a full finished basement, a kitchen WITH DISHWASHER!, a laundry room, a YARD and a garage (just to name a few of the basics)...it even comes with a pool table-which could be really fun! There is only one set-back...it's in I.F.

After careful prayer and consideration we have chosen to take the offer and move (at the end of the month).

I (and the kids) are having a hard time deciding if we want to be happy or sad over the situation. It's completely ideal-going from the current 900 sq. ft. to 2500+ sq. ft., but we will have to get used to a new neighborhood, new friends, new school, new city-no matter how much you visit certain areas you just don't know it like you know home...this will be a transition for us to consider "our town". I'm am extremely excited, but also sad-it's taken me a good 3 years to make some friends and now I will be moving. But never fear fellow Bunco mates, I already have the green light to come up once a month for our night of fun!! That's a BIG deal!

If anyone knows of any secrets to keep your school aged children happy and excited about a move mid-school year to new friends and a new school let me know. We are having a slight issue with misbehavior since this decision was made and I could use any pointers you may have.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...I know there have been some out there on our behalf and we appreciate it. We are so grateful for this opportunity to be closer to work (he will only be 10 minutes away) and a larger home to raise the four ogres ;)

16 comments:

Dacia said...

Congrats, that's exciting news! All except the IF part.

mimi said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family... YAY!!!I'm so happy that you will still be coming to BUNCO!!!:):)

Kristi M. said...

That is SO exciting!! More space is always great. I can't even imagine having 4 little Gunnar's in that amount of square feet. Wow! I don't really like change, but change always brings about new opportunities. It is hard for children to understand because they don't really understand that change will happen many more times in their little lives. They live so in the moment. 10 minutes from work is awesome. Jeff commutes about the same and it is so great! What a great money and time saver. When we moved to where we are now, I was a little bummed because it took me about 3 years too to develop friendships that were so hard to make at first. Once we moved, I realized that change was for the better. Friends were made instantly and I felt warmly received immediately. It was a very good change. Great things will come your way with this change, above and beyond the house.

Anonymous said...

That's great news! If it makes you feel any better, I feel the EXACT same way. Happy and sad. But maybe I'll catch a ride with you on your way into rexburg for bunco. (i'll be the one standing on hwy 20 with my thumb pointing up) hahaha :)

The Prices said...

That sounds wonderful! As far as the kids, we've moved a lot, but never had to deal with the school issue; just hang in there, be supportive of their concerns and talk up the move as much as possible. They'll adjust before you know it.

Lisa said...

Congratulations! That is really awesome. I love to see how prayers are answered seemingly "out of the blue" sometimes. Good luck with the transition - 1 month is very quick to pack things up, especially with 4 'ogres' (LOVE THAT) running around.

My only advice with kids and large transitions would be to stay completely positive with them...even if you're not feeling quite that way. :) Good luck, and congratulations again!

Julia said...

we moved every year until i was 10, i went to 8 different elem. schools, and even though it seems like it will be awful for them, after the first day they'll adjust. kids are usually so friendly at this age!! good luck!

Rachel said...

YEAH!!! I am SO EXCITED for you!! Where is it? Let me know if you need help packing or moving or help with the kids!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! With kids, you need all the extra space you can get!

Robins Fam said...

Congrats, T!!! That is amazing for your family! I am so excited for you. And just a side note - my sis and bro in law moved to IF and, despite their apprehensiveness, they LOVE it. I hope it's as good to you as it has been to them!

Anonymous said...

Wow...congrats! Sounds too good to be true. Hope you have a lot of help with the move!

JT42 said...

thanks everyone for your support and advice-we'll do the best we can in the time we have! if you're familiar with IF at all we are directly across from Winco! it's super easy to find...
Holdaway's I may take you up on the offer to watch the kids for a little bit and Robins' where does your sister live? Julia, that makes me feel better, I know kids are much more resilient than adults-maybe that's my apprehension :D Ruth, I'll pick you up anytime-with or without the upward thumb! :D

Brandon and Emily said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. I am excited to see pictures of the new house!

The JL McGregor Family said...

YAY! I also moved a lot--and I think we always adjusted quickly. It's easy to make friends when we are that young. You'll kids will also love the new home and bigger space. Good luck! Wish I were there to help!

Rachel said...

Seriously, just let me know. You know my number!

Anonymous said...

YAY! That is so wonderful and will be SO good for your family. You will be dearly missed here in Rexburg but I understand "doing what you have to do".