I just have to share that my oven is FINALLY fixed!!!
After the fire we were headed to Boise, so we didn't make a big deal out of it...just got the kitchen cleaned up and modified menus to include the microwave and counter grill...we got back late Sunday night and tried to contact our landlord Monday and Tuesday he finally got to us, he didn't think it was a big deal-for some reason he interrpreted that we had some part of the stove working so we would be fine for a few days. On Wednesday Jake finally got through to him that all we have is our crockpot and microwave and grill-the lightbulb turned on and he was on it. After speaking to him for a few times Jake looked at the back of the oven as something reminded him that he may be able to fix it himself...sure enough the power cord on the back had a short and had finally come apart, so the landlord brought us a new one only to find out that the breaker was still tripping even with it turned off! The electrician finally came over on Thursday and stated that he didn't think anything was wrong with the stove...well some genius had filled in the plug cover with foam, so the electrician had to peck at it and take it off and funny enough the breaker was broken the same way the cord had broke!
My stove is like new (even thought it's from the 50's, okay maybe 70's). It gets warmer faster and stays warm better than ever!!!
Because I thought the stove was going to be replaced I hadn't really cleaned inside, just wiped it, so that chore is still on the list...not sure how the oven works yet, but today I will. I am determined to make the kids cookies!!
So we are all okay and looking back I'm kind of glad that I'm the one that started the fire instead of waking up in the middle of the night from an electrical fire that was bound to happen!!!
5 years ago













3 comments:
I love the new pics of your kids! So glad to hear your stove will be back in working order.
I'm glad to hear everything worked out ok, that does not sound like fun.
What an ordeal!! I'm so glad it's finally fixed and that everyone is safe. I think I'm going to follow your lead and make cookies today! Is it snowing there? We've got about 6-7 inches today!!
Post a Comment