I was tagged by my friend Mary. I am not good at these kinds of tags, but since I was I don't want to disappoint...I do like reading these on all your blogs, so hey maybe one of you will enjoy reading about me...who knows, these are all quarky, quirky, whatever it's called, anyway!! :)
Rules:Link the person who tagged you (like Mary above)
Mention the rules on your blog
Tell 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them
Leave a comment on each of the tagged bloggers blogs letting them know they have been tagged.
Quirk #1- I am OCD or a perfectionist, however you'd like to call it...everything has to have a place and everything needs to return to it's place. This is very hard to break with little children as they don't understand my crazy need to have this accomplished.
Quirk #2- I am a planner, spontanaety is not really my kind of fun. I carry a planner at all times and sometimes purchase a new one because I made a mistake in the old one or one of the kids colored on a paper (never mind if it's one I won't use-going along with the OCD description). I LOVE to know what's happening AT LEAST one month ahead. This is rather irritating for Jake as he is way more the fly-by-the-seat-of-his-pants kind of guy.
Quirk #3- I am left handed...personally, I do not think this is quarky, but for some reason others do...it's normal to me ;)
Quirk #4- I organize mine and my childrens clothing by color, sleeve length, size and season...my husband says he can't dress the kids because he doesn't want to ruin my system, so I end up getting the outfits out the night before so that no system is broken
Quirk #5-I collect recipes-the cupboard above my stove is chuck full of recipe cards, recipe books, newspaper/magazine clippings all of recipes! I have so many recipes and have probably only tried an 1/8th of them, that I finally started a new blog, just to share and make myself try new recipes...Audi's Recipe Collection
Quirk #6- I LOVE bargains...I will drive all the way to Boise just to purchase my kids clothes at the monthly quarter sale (all items in the sidewalk sale are a quarter; clothing, blankets, shoes, books, etc.), never mind the gas it takes to get there...to me, I can purchase more outfits and items of clothing in a two hour rummage than if I were to drive to I.F. and search all day. I can usually come out of the quarter sale with over 100 items for $30 or under (sometimes I have a $10 off coupon)!! I LOVE yard sales for this reason too, I am not afraid to negotiate the price. Therefore, I have a hard time shopping anywhere else for things that are a $5 or less-a quarter is better :D (although I do break down sometimes and purchase new items as long as they are under $5).
There you have it, not real interesting. Although the rules did say they had to be unspectacular quirks. I think I accomplished that.
I tag...oh how I hate tagging...but I am a rule follower...Eloisa, Melissa, Amanda, Tina, Katie, and Tricia.
5 years ago













4 comments:
I go to the quarter sale to, OTHER MOTHERS??? but mine is here in PORTLAND, it rocks!! And you know me with my DI finds!! But I know your pain trying to buy something for regular price, It is impossible for me to do it, even when Ethan REALLY needs shoes!! I just think I WILL find them sometime!! OH and I LOVE Yard Sales too! You knew that!! Ethan is now Telling everyone "OH we got it at a Yard Sale"!!
k I will do this soon!!
holy crap, I'd drive that far for a quarter sale too!! that's awesome. I'm left handed too and never thought of that as a qwirk!
I want to go to a quarter sale!! And you said you can't ever find treasures at DI - maybe it's just Rexburg.
T!!! I love your blog! What a BEAUTIFUL family you have! This is so fun- to get in touch via blogging:) We need to have a roomie reunion! Its great to see you on here- thanks for the message:)
Post a Comment