Thursday, January 14, 2010

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

This is one MEGA-post!

I said I would update like two weeks ago...there is a story, but not really the-dog-ate-my-paper type. I had to plug in the other computer (which, unfortunately I don't know how to do) and therefore had to convince Jake of the importance of this chore...to download all the pictures from since we moved in...and then put them on the jump drive to be able to share them with you...

So I finally convinced Jake to set up the computer the other day and I went to download pictures without a mouse (couldn't find it)-that was so not working, so after crying out of frustration and disappointment I told Jake he would need to find a mouse quickly! He borrowed one from a friend and so I went to download pictures the next day. Things were going great, I was getting happier and more excited-especially because I forgot about some of the pictures on there. Then I see a pop-up notifying me that my jump drive is full and I've only downloaded up until the Christmas parties at the girls' preschool which is where all the fun pictures start! So, here I am waiting to get another jump drive and finally biting the bullet and just sharing what I do have.

So there's the story...enjoy pictures!


our finished home, just before we moved in...
kids enjoying the last nights at the nasty, scratch that, humble apartment


BIRTHDAY BOY-7!!

he wanted the theme pirate...somehow he had lost the hook, eye patch and hat by the time this picture was taken...ha!

daddy's creation of the pirate himself

hope he made a good wish...

he made out like a bandit!
with money even!
one of the prize cars his sisters chose for him...adding to the massive collection

his "most favorite" gift...he couldn't stop gazing enough to even grin at the camera!


DECORATED HOME
we managed to get this put together just before the birthday party...6 hours before this room was all boxes! thanks Jake!
another angle
my nativity up high-safe from small and curious hands


GINGERBREAD HOUSE??

who needs a gingerbread house when they can have a fruity/chocolate pebbles train??? Jake and I went to his work party and since Grandma was the babysitter, they made this awesome train complete with snowy tracks. They had a blast and couldn't get over how awesome their creation was!!!


SNOW MUCH FUN!!
playing in the very, very cold in the backyard
helping each other create a small snow cave
finding something new every couple minutes...who knew a yard would be so much fun??
testing the waters/ahem...snow
and enjoying every single minute!!!



ELEM. CHRISTMAS PROGRAM
the first graders were snowflakes...
enjoying the "spotlight"
all M-Z first graders...the school was big enough we went to a local high school auditorium and they had to still split the school by alphabet to get the program to work correctly!
Bryant's select audience! It was so fun to watch the girls amazed with the performance and eyeing where Bryant would be as well as singing/dancing along with the students!

Until I get another jumpdrive, these are the pictures you get to see. We are doing well, settling in nicely, organizing the best we can with an unfinished basement-yet to be finished! {giddy}

I am surviving nicely. I have just under 30 days left and am starting to feel the drag of the days and the desire to sleep and sleep and sleep...needless to say there are many afternoons of cat naps. I will go to the doctor on Wednesday and see what/if any progress there may be. As much as I am not ready for her to arrive, I wouldn't be against an early delivery...I just need to find that last burst of energy to finish that "honey-do" list on my own-haha!

6 comments:

The Prices said...

glad to be able to keep up with you again! p.s. love the new house and I really love the built-in shelf.

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

Your house looks great! I love, love, love Bryant's birthday cake!! That's awesome! It's so nice to see your life undated!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

The Nielsons said...

love the new house! Looks like you guys had lots of holiday/birthday/winter fun. Great job on the pirate cake!

Robins Fam said...

So cute house!! Did you build it? Are you still in IF? Great to see you posting again!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your new house! I'm green with envy! You so deserve it! Good luck plugging through the next 26 days :)

The Raguskus Family said...

looks like you have had a lot going on. fun to read through your update. your house is gorgeous...i bet that is so fun for you! congrats again, good luck with your delivery in the next few weeks!