We had a fabulous Christmas, just us in our new house! It was PERFECT! Santa brought all the right things and there were just the right number of gifts and everyone was happy, excited and grateful for their newly possessed treasures. We had Jake home for a lot of the festivities and it was fun to be together for so many days.
We finally have internet arriving to our home within the next 48 hours and then the pictures will be downloaded and the addiction will be satisfied ;)
I went to the doctor just before Christmas and was told that I should only expect about a month before the little one arrives...I wasn't ready for that and am now just a little freaked out to get everything ready. Until today I didn't even have baby clothes at the house...now I just need to go through all the containers and sort out what still looks like it should and not-lol. We still don't agree on a name, so that is just going to have to wait until we are at the hospital and see her face-it usually does end up that way. Has anyone ever made freezer meals before they delivered and had enough to feed their family for a few weeks?? I would love to try that, but need some good ideas-if anyone wants to pass them on, I would be thrilled!
Bryant starts at his new school the first of the year and is pretty excited, he met his teacher just before Christmas and she will be AWESOME! I'm even excited. The kids are all loving the freedom of the space at the house and just keep themselves pretty occupied downstairs with all their toys rediscovered from storage-it's great, I've gotten a lot done, thanks too, to nesting.
Keep checking regularly after Thursday as we will have internet access in the home and will be more up to date on all things Thornock!!
5 years ago













5 comments:
Freezer meals?!? Yeah. I am SO all over that when I'm getting ready to pop out a baby! (Sounds so romantic when it's put in those terms, huh?) Since I don't have a mother-in-law and my parents have been living in Australia and Germany, I've pretty much been on my own, so I've got some yummy recipes that are kid friendly and freeze well. I usually double or triple each of them in batches and then put them in foil containers. I also buy loads of paper plates and cups before the big day as well. It's been so nice to know that the fam has something to eat while I'm in the hospital and for at least the next week or so after I get home! Let me know if you want some of them and I'll e-mail them to you!
I'm so excited for you!!!! What a treat to be able to bring the new baby home to your new home!
Meatballs are a great way to go for freezer meals. I've got a great recipe (courtesy of Dana Johnson) if you want it. Hope you like the house. We're in ours now, too. :)
Sometimes I just double a recipe and freeze the other half. do that for the next few weeks and you'd be good to go. Good luck with baby...you rock and have no need to freak. I know you can handle it!
I looked down at your house post!!! YEAHHHH that is sooo exciting!! I cant wait for that day! so cute!
Wow one more month!! Thats CRAZY!!
I did not know you moved. Imagine that, I move 2400 miles away and don't know what's going on with you anymore. Seriously, I would love an update. I miss coming to bunco and having so much fun with you. Please send me an update!!!
Post a Comment