In case you are wondering, since I did mention that I was headed to the doctor today, I figured I would put up a little update.
I see a midwife, she gave me her phone number so I can call her when we leave the house on our way to the hospital as it is 20 minutes away, that made me think I am probably closer than I am admitting too. I am dialated to a 2 (whoopie) and 60% effaced. The baby is settled in place, as the midwife was unable to move the baby's head, she declared that the baby was "locked and ready". I am measuring only one week ahead, so nothing major...I feel bigger than that, but knowing how I've looked in the past I know I'm not. I have started to get swelling in my feet and legs, so there is some discomfort through the days, but really I'm doing quite well. I finally realized as I was leaving the office that truly I probably only have 2 weeks left, as the last three babies have come in the 38th week-yikes!
I will be going in next Wednesday for my weekly check-up and we'll go from there. I came home and started finding all the blankets, burp cloths and anything else baby and washed them all-I've been in denial that she really is coming this quickly. I just need to pack my bag and get the moses basket all plush with blankets and I'll be as set as I can be until she arrives!
5 years ago













7 comments:
WOW. Yea happy, and not...I always have mixed feelings at the end. They are so much easier tucked in there. Be sure to keep us posted, and more important, let us know if you need anything.
yepee!!!! i am so excited! and you should really not name her the one that jake likes! you cant have two S names!!!! i cant wait to see her!
You go, girl! I can't wait to meet that cute little Ellie! (SEE?!? Doesn't that sound spectacular?) I LOVE IT!!!!
Hang in there!!!
Hope it all goes well, you are so amazing T!
Lucky!!! I seem to follow the week-over-due pattern.
Wow! Can I say wow! I didn't realize you took your blog off private. I didn't write to you in time when you did put your blog on private and i had no way of getting a hold of you. Man, have I missed a lot.
Congrats on your new home and baby # 5. How exciting. I just read like 5 pages of your blog and so now I am all caught up on you and your family :)
We have moved too..we live in Provo now! We have moved every year of our marriage and I have hated it, but then when I read how many times you have moved, I just about died.I am glad you will finally have a home of your own that you can live in for as long as you guys want.
Good Luck! It's been so long since I have been on blogs (June) that I didn't know you were pregnant. Congratulations!!
Thanks for your comments. I actually made it to 39 weeks. Once we got past 26 weeks, we were good. My body seems to think 23-25 weeks is a good time to deliver. Luckily this time we knew what to watch for and everything turned out great.
Post a Comment