Monday, January 25, 2010

anything? anything?

set to the tone of the teacher on ferris buellers day off

Since about Thursday night I have been having on and off contractions that can get me down for the moment and then they subside-rather irritating. Well I woke up Sunday morning feeling just plain 'ol crappy. I was supposed to teach my primary class that morning so I decided to buck up and just go to church, that everything would subside like it had the past 3 days...half way through primary I just couldn't take it anymore. I went and found Jake in sunday school and told him we had to get home things weren't looking or feeling any better. We collected the kids, I ditched primary (with my teaching partner grateful she had decided to read the lesson that morning) and we were on our way home to decide if we should drive 20 minutes to the hospital or not.
I immediately went to my comfortable bed and laid down letting Jake take care of the confused kids. Within an hour things, of course, slowed down and I felt a little better throughout the day, I think thanks to a short nap. Jake didn't sleep well last night, hoping and praying that something would happen during the night and reacting to every movement I made-it was pretty funny.
Today I have been trying to be as active as possible to get contractions to do something. They have been pretty minimal until I started writing this post. I cleaned the basement-which was strewn with toys from one end to the other. I crawled and squatted as much as possible to get my body to react-all I have to show for it is a very, very sore back-my fault I suppose.
We made cookies, I did a few freezer meals, helped kids stay happy and do homework and nothing seemed to do anything. Then I went to change a diaper and BOOM! the random feelings of uncomfortableness have begun...I suppose we'll see what happens, but I'm pretty sure this will be the week. We'll know more after my appointment Wednesday morning (if I make it that far, Jake thinks I won't).
It's been a funny day, the girls have been asking over and over if the baby could come tomorrow or tonight. I told them they would have to tell her to come. Since we took them out of primary yesterday they have been super, super excited and confused why the baby hasn't come yet. As I was tucking them in tonight the girls noticed that I was acting a little differently and Sarah immediately declares that the baby needs to stop hurting me, when Kayelynn answers with "no, Sarah, the baby is trying to come out" They both looked at each other and squealed! It was too cute. They then told me that she could come tomorrow when everyone was done with school (which is after 3pm). I told them I would do what I could. So funny the things kids say.

5 comments:

Kimber said...

That on and off stuff is a pain, pun intended :) I can't believe you are doing so much! What happened to taking it easy? And HOW can you do so much you Wonder Woman? You are amazing!

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

I second what Kimberly said, you are wonder woman!! I hope for your sake the baby does come tonight or tomorrow. Your girls are so cute! If you need me to watch them anytime you're in the hospital just drop them off. I just might keep little Lydia though! ;) Good luck and I'll keep you in my prayers!

Kristi M. said...

Oh man! I don't blame you for wanting to get her out. Your girls are funny. This makes me even more grateful that I have planned c-sections. I can not stand pain at all.

The Prices said...

We'll cross our fingers!

devegnees said...

OH! How I feel your pain! I don't think I've been as emotionally imbalanced as when a baby is playing games with my uterus! I'm so impressed at your patience and control! Keep up the good work, Hot-Mamma!