Bryant started his first day of KINDERGARTEN and Kayelynn started her first day of PRESCHOOL!
It was such a calm day for how the schedules overlapped. Kayelynn was dropped off at preschool at 10:45am and LOVED every minute of it! She came home happy and beaming from ear to ear-could it have been the sucker in her hand that she so desperately wanted to open? No, she loved her teacher and her class!
Bryant wanted to ride the bus and since ALL kindergarteners get this opportunity I figured, why not? We were told to wait at the bus stop at 11:30 and the bus would be there shortly since school starts at 11:45...at 11:50 we realize the bus is just not coming, so we run to the car to drive and pray we didn't miss too much of the first day. Well, apparantly the bus was running late and did not forget about us-whew! I was about to cry, knowing how important it was for Bryant to ride the bus to school and prove that he was a big kid. Well, in all my rush I forgot to remind him what his bus number was to ride home. Good thing the teachers asked or I would have been picking him up. However, the bus department did not tell me when to expect Bryant home and since I knew I had to be standing out there in order for them to drop him off (no parent=no drop off) I was standing at the bus stop at 2:30 (school gets out at 2:25pm, I figured he was the first one off) and waited until 3:10pm for him to get home! I was a mess...I just prayed that he actually got onto a bus in the first place, but come to find out they were 15minutes late leaving the school! Bryant pleaded that he be allowed to ride the bus to school tomorrow-I just laughed, OF COURSE! Now that I have first day of school-mom-jitters out of my system I will be okay with this whole school idea.
I am so excited that Bryant and Kayelynn want to learn and that they want to listen to their teachers. I had a major reflection moment today and I think that I did all right raising them to have some basic knowledge of vocabulary, numbers, letters, and over all "common sense". I guess kindergarten will really prove that, since preschool teachers usually try to make the parents feel good about themselves no matter what ;)
I will be posting pictures later this week-the kids were so excited to get "dressed up" for school! Oh the memories we have of the first day!
5 years ago













3 comments:
The whole bus thing was a mess today, wasn't it! Apparently we were one of the first stops and missed the bus and we're one of the last stops and Kalin didn't get of until around 3pm. I think they didn't realize just how many kindergarteners there really were.
That is so exciting! Brayden starts kindergarten, and Landon starts preschool here in 2 weeks...I hope they are as excited as your kids!
Yay, first day of school!
Post a Comment