We were at the park the other day and Bryant had decided before going that he wanted to look like his Grandpa Thornock-when he rides his motorcycle. He insisted on wearing a dude-rag on his head...he sure looked like Grandpa, just was missing the motorcycle.
So Bryant is playing on the toys and the girls are with me getting cleaned up from lunch to go play when I am told that my son needs to learn some manners, excuse me (my children are perfect ;) please note all sarcasm- for what reason I ask...well, he was fighting with another kid on the playground...HOLY COW-he hasn't even started school yet and he's picking fights on the playground??!!!
So, I'm going to investigate when my mother-in-law heads over there to see what's wrong. Well as she's walking there I see Bryant twist this kids arm (like an indian rug burn). Now for those of you that know what Bryant looks like, he's way taller than his age and way huskier...the kid that he was picking on was 1/2 his size (from my view, anyway). My mother-in-law takes care of the situation and the kids walk away-way to go Jodi!!
Bryant then comes over to me and tells me that the kids were going to beat him up because he had wanted to show them something and apparantly they didn't understand his "friendliness" and insisted that they were going to beat him up for trying to pick on them. So he twisted his arm and was pretty proud when the kid said that it hurt. Riley (the friend Bryant was originally playing with) threw the kid on the ground.
Jodi came over and informed me that she asked them why they were picking on a five year old and all they did was walk away! Kind of funny actually, but oh so scary. We are only a month away from school starting...I can only imagine how it'll be when I get a phone call from the principal...I just hope that the image with the dude-rag was the reason for the "fight".
5 years ago













3 comments:
haha, that made me laugh. I'm sure it was just a one-time thing... you have good kids.
We've had some run-ins with bigger kids too, and I'm always proud of my kids when they stand up for themselves. I say, "Go Bryant!" :)LOVE the dude-rag.
ps - glad things are going so well with #4 that you still have time to blog! :)
It's never easy to tell if it is your kid that is starting the nastiness or another. They just aren't even communicating that well with each other at that age.
The best one can do is try to decipher what happened and not get too mad at the kid that is not yours. It is hard to be objective, but all kids fight at some point.
Post a Comment