Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Update

It's been a while since I've posted and I'm sure you're hoping to hear that we've had a baby, but no. Not yet. I have been having some pretty good contractions (not enough to go to the hospital) every night for the past 5 days, but no progress once I go to bed. I'm hoping after today's appointment that there will be some better news. I will be heading in for an ultrasound this afternoon and hopefully talk to the midwife about delivering before she leaves town Friday. We'll go from there though, I just have a huge prayer that the baby either arrives tomorrow or the midwife will let me deliver by Thursday. You'll get a better update after I visit with these medical personnel this afternoon :)

In the meantime, we have gone to the park for lunch everyday (the district here serves free lunches during the summer to ages 0-18-totally helpful to the grocery budget). We've done lots of playing in the yard; going for walks-something I've done every night for a week to see if that will help the baby come...apparantly it's more soothing than irritating to her :); naps; I have finished my classes-I actually got 5 credits done in 10 days (I was able to get an extension on the last credit to the end of the month, I shouldn't need that much time, but it's there in case-I'm crazy, but I got my classes done and I can still be a teacher!!); we've just lived life the same with a little extra anxiety. We are walking to the park today to see if I can get contractions to start again and keep going through the day ;-)

The kids are way excited and can't wait for the baby to come. Kayelynn, I think, is the most excited-she has established that she is the first one to hold the baby and that she gets to help put her clothes on her (she picked out the outfit to take to the hospital) and wrap her up in her new blanket that my aunt Cari made for her (Kayelynn is in love with the pattern). She can't wait to help when the baby comes home-get diapers, burp clothes, etc. She talks about it everyday. The kids have been telling the baby to come out so we can see her-they think it's silly to talk to my tummy, but the baby moves when they do, so they are assured she hears them, they just don't understand why she isn't obeying...I wish I knew too (stubborn-it runs in the family).

Hopefully the next post involves an announcement, but we'll see.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I've been waiting to hear.... :) I love that Kayelynn wants to be a little mommy - that is so cute and hopefully she will be a great helper! Good luck the next couple of days and I'll cross my fingers for you!

The JL McGregor Family said...

How in the world did you get 5 credits in 10 days? Please share! I need to get started on that...

Nikki said...

5 credits in 10 days? WOW!! You are super-duper woman! I love your updates on trying to get baby #4 out...my brother Ryan and I both went over 10 months with my mom. And she tried EVERYTHING to get us out! Stubbornness in the womb is a great thing! :) HA HA

Anonymous said...

Tell the kids to stop talking to her....The girl is scared to come out!! I don't blame her...Keep cookin' little one!!!!!! HAH!!!