I know I am way late compared to you all in posting about the 4th, but I did not have any film and since Lanae (my sister) was here visiting we took some pics with her camera, I just got one from the parade that I want to share, I hope to get a few more tomorrow to add.
We had a fun day. Jake worked 1/2 day, so Lanae and I took the kids to the parade in the morning and met up with Jared and Melissa and Harrison-it was a fun parade. The kids enjoyed the candy being thrown-they didn't quite understand that they should pick up what was around them, they would scan and just get one piece...rather kind I thought except the other kids close by would hoard it all! oh well, my kids didn't mind, I did-not sure why :)

After the parade we had a picnic in the park, enjoyed the shade, rode the carousel and then walked home to wait for Jake to get home from work.
We went swimming at 3pm with Harrison at their indoor pool-the kids enjoyed that and then we went over to Jared and Melissa's to have a BBQ-delicious!!! Bryant couldn't stop raving about the chicken drumsticks that Jared grilled-it was kind of hilarious.
We then went to a close firework stand to get a few fireworks to set off before the city ones. We went out to Jake's Grandmother's house and did a few finding out that the city started their fireworks show a 1/2 hour early, so we watched their show from Grandmother's backyard and watched all the neighbors (she lives in the country) do theirs...it was a fun and long day! The kids really liked it and are asking still if we can do more fireworks. Unfortunately, they don't understand the concept of time when we tell them they have to wait until next year. :)
So, enjoy the one picture for now and I hope to add more as Lanae sends them to me-thanks Lanae for letting us use your camera.













0 comments:
Post a Comment