Monday, July 7, 2008

Baby Update

I went to the doctor this afternoon and once again spent two hours with this and that. Holy cow!
I gained 4 pounds in one week! Good thing the midwife is observant and saw that I am swollen like a whale and contributed most of it to that (I think I would have said all the food I ate during the 4th of July, hehe). Anyway, I am measuring 40 weeks at 37 weeks...nothing to out of the ordinary-we're guessing somewhere in the 9lb. range. I am dialated to a 3 and still 70% effaced (the midwife says she isn't concerned about that at all because you can be that "soft" until your about to deliver). The stress test went well and my insulin numbers are doing just fine with the dose that they gave me-thank goodness-I do not like the side-effects of my numbers going so low in the day...good thing I don't have to do this much longer :)
The midwife scheduled me for Friday to come in and strip my membranes if I haven't had "no name baby" by then and then again on Tuesday if I don't have "her" over the weekend. We will just see how this week takes us.
As for now, I totally wouldn't mind having her whenever, but then again I have two more classes to finish by next Tuesday and would prefer to wait until after I finish those classes for her to come...we'll see. Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes smoothly for you! We'll be thinking about you. Please keep us updated. We can't wait to see pictures of your new baby girl.

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

I hope things go well too--and fast. Will a midwife induce you? Would you want to be induced? Just wondering...I've never been to a midwife. Anyways, good luck with everything!!!

Anonymous said...

If you makes you feel any better, when I saw you at the park the other day, I thought you looked great, not swollen or big at all! :)

Dacia said...

I'm so glad that you found me in the blogging world! Where did you move to?

I totally feel for you being pregnant in the summer. Kalin was born on June 30th in good 'ol hot New Mexico. I think I spent the last month indoors with the A/C because it was so hot and all I would do is swell up from the heat. I sure hope that everything goes well for you and that baby come soon!

I wanted to send you an invitation, but didn't have your current address. You might be having a baby, but if not and you want something to do next Wed 7/16, I'm having a lia sophia hostess/customer appreciation event at the senior center at 6pm. There will be prizes and refreshments and it will be fun.

Tina said...

I am so excited for you your so close I to hope everything goes smooth and very fast!! Good luck- your in our prayers!