I think the whole house was consumed with excitement on Monday. We all awoke early, had a hot and delicious breakfast and made it to the bus stop with such giddyness I couldn't shed a tear...it was too contagious.
I was so happy that the kids were so happy to be going back to school. I was so happy I would be able to start a new routine that would benefit everyone and that I can get it "established" before baby arrives.
It was fun to see the same smiling faces that left the house, enter the house in the afternoon. Even with homework in tow.
We had back to school night the Thursday before school started and I was the nerdy mom and took pictures with the kids and their teachers...
Monday was a great day! Happy and productive. While the kids were enjoying themselves at school I decided to make it a June Cleaver day and donned my apron while baking the day away...4 loaves of zuchinni bread, 4 loaves of semi-wheat bread, a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and since the house was hot and I was still in the mood, I made my "special" lasagna...it felt sooooo good to have that kind of energy (for a day).
At the end of the day, though...my toes couldn't even touch the ground...
We are so happy to welcome the 2011-2012 school year! Bring on the books, math, homework, events, carnivals, holidays and all else associated with school-we welcome it all!
5 years ago













4 comments:
I'm glad your school year is off to a wonderful start! :)
Ouch to those feet though!
Glad all is well for your cute family.
~Melissa :)
i should've had you make that dressing for me while you were makin stuff.. darn! haha. really though i love those days when there is seemingly endless energy. you really are super mom! i just don't know how you do it.
You go, Momma Owl! I love the new look of your blog! It's hooter than heck!
Way to be so productive! Glad the kids loved school, sorry your swollen feet paid for all the wonderful goodies you made! I bet it was still worth it!
Post a Comment