Thursday, August 11, 2011

RIOT ZONE

Jake had his company picnic a few weekends ago and we were able to enjoy an entire day at the local fun park. There was so much to do...I think we got most of it in. It was a hot, humid and muggy day, so I tried to find reprieve in the "shade", but mostly just walked around taking pictures of the kids enjoying themselves. Bryant finished his lunch early and decided to be on his own for most of the day, therefore, I do not have many pictures of him, BUT he claims he had a blast! so I believe him...I'm pretty sure he was able to do EVERYTHING at least once cause he was on his own-he enjoyed that freedom ;)
I took so many pictures, I just have to share...enjoy seeing the fun on their faces...
I thought she was enjoying it...until she turned the curve and lost her confidence and crashed into the tires...she broke down in terrible sobs, poor girl was so scared. I felt badly for her, but I was still laughing-she truly thought she was going to be severely injured.
proud of this girl...she was super intent, all the while having fun
he just had a blast
he wanted a chance to test his skills...we need a little more practice, but he had fun!
she had so much fun bouncing by herself in the bounce house!
she climbed and climbed and climbed. she was determined to make it to the top and ring the bell...unfortunately there was the same section each time that gave her troubles, she just couldn't hold on long enough to reach the next "rock"...we figured out after this turn to take her shoes off...she climbed even higher, but still got stuck...she wants to go back just to climb and get
to the top
these two had fun on the rocket ship...it was a very slow moving rocket, but they thought it was about the best invention ever-ha!
and then there's sarah...she was screaming the whole time! it was soooo stinking funny. there was nothing wrong with this ride, but she did NOT like it! (I'm thinking she was still tramatized by the go-cart)
jake was oversized for these double carts, but the kids really wanted to ride fast and he was about the only one to take them (until my brother showed up)...as you can tell it was worth being squished! even Emily liked going, but I never got a picture of her in the car :(
they loved feeling the wind in their hair (this is my brother driving)
for a girl who doesn't like to get wet, the most fun she had was on the bumper boats...I think it helped she was with her daddy-he makes everything more fun!
he was smiling and then the camera took the picture...go figure.
she was soooo tired by this point and incredibly hot! we took a walk around the park and she was able to get in a 30 min nap...it helped ease the irritability
I love that they had some kid toys that could be done solo...fun, fun
fun, fun
poor lydia was having a hard time trying to figure out how to get her boat to move...and then her sister came to the rescue and they had a lot of fun following each other in the small pond...
We had a fun day! Thanks to daddy for working so hard and earning a fun day off...until next year!

2 comments:

Sarah d' said...

Love that new camera! Hey! Why weren't you in the cars?

The Raguskus Family said...

What a fun day!