Tuesday, September 6, 2011

ABC's of summer

Looking back over the summer, Jake and I realized that there were a lot of things our kids could say they had done, seen or been introduced to this summer (most of which will be a memory vs. documented with pictures-unfortunately).  Overall, we did pretty darn good at not being "boring" without breaking the bank or needing to be gone all summer long.  Without further ado, here's our ABC's of summer...
Adorable
<> <>
She dressed herself and just looked so darn cute...I couldn't resist
B aseball
Bryant and Sarah both wanted to do baseball/Tball this summer...which is really only the month of June...unfortunately June was quite a cold month.  There were a few warm days, but for the most part we played in long sleeves and even jackets and gloves and sometimes hats...ha!  They enjoyed every minute of their adventure!
Clown 
Emily thinks it is so hilarious to cover her face and just hold still and not make a peep...we were driving home and instead of washing her face, she thought it would be funny to play her own version of peek-a-boo...LOVE this girl!!
 Dress-Up
She did great walking through the kitchen with these enormous heels on her feet!  She only slipped once, but she was able to recover and walked the entire length of the kitchen...she loves to be like her sister Lydia!
 Exhausted
I laughed sooooo hard, I couldn't resist a picture.  He came home from work and as I was talking to him I look over and this is what I was greeted with-a snoring and obviously exhausted husband!
 Flower Hair
the creativity these girls display daily amazes me!  They had so much fun decorating their hair!!
 Guns...


For Sarah's birthday we went target shooting...it was a wish and dream of Sarah's...everyone got a turn, even Emily!  It was a fun afternoon together.  We invited my brother, his girlfriend and my sister to come...although I only got a picture of my brother...darn it.
 Hippie
this girl makes us laugh.  On this day she was dressed in her rainbow shirt, with her clashing rainbow pants and then she put this around her head and it was h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s.  (she looks even funnier with the way she has her eyes, but she was giggling so hard she couldn't relax enough to get a decent picture!)
Idaho Falls Pagaent
We went and saw the Miss Idaho Falls Pageant and the girls just had to dress up and look all cute ;)  They LOVED it!  We enjoyed watching two young women from our ward participate...it made it that much more magical for the girls...now when they see the girls at church they say that they saw the pretty princesses from that night.
Just Kids
My little cuties
 Kindergarten
She was soooo excited!  and she had a blast!
 Lydia Birthday

We had a great day with Lydia.  She anticipated turning three since the day she turned two!  It was a magical day for her simply because she was FINALLY three!!  She enjoyed her cake and gifts and singing and all the fun that is involved with a super, fantastic birthday!
 Meet the Teachers
Mrs. Shuster-Kindergarten 
Mrs. Durfee-1st grade 
Mrs. Willis-3rd grade
 Noooooo!
what?! they are already sunbathing??  such youngin's...I have no idea where they got this idea, I surely don't do this (I'm too white-ha!)  Seriously!  the creativity they come up with...
 Outrageous
this is a super common face for her...I finally got it on film
 Piano
I finally got my piano tuned and it sounds heavenly...now to reteach myself how to play relatively well.  I can do hymns and primary songs...I need to branch out and get some other music and teach myself...hopefully I don't pick something too difficult...
 Quiet
Jake promised the kids a sandbox this summer...it is finally done!  but oh, how I dislike the trail that ends up in the house...so much to learn when it comes to playing clean-ha!
 Riot Zone
trying to reach the top... 
water fun 
she loved the bounce house(s) 
water fun (the only thing she didn't cry doing...so sad) 
Sarah Birthday
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SARAH!!!  she turned FIVE and it's a whole new adventure in life for her... 
 Teenagers???
they were watching a movie and I walked in to this...for once the quiet didn't involve mischief-it was great!
 Unique
they all wanted their hair curled, but I was most proud of these two littles holding still long enough to get curlers on their entire head!  (for Emily, it didn't last long though...she had them all pulled out before she even tried going to sleep-darn it)
 Volumtuous...maybe
taken at 33 weeks (measuring 40 weeks...yikes!)
 Wicked

being wild and crazy can get you a black eye sometimes...she was showing off for Grandma Anna and toppled straight onto my rocking chair.  Oh boy did she feel it!  Going to church was quite the adventure AND the doctor...haha!  She bonked it two more times after it was "healed" and it flaired right back up...she is most certainly going to be the one to visit the ER or break a bone first - just my prediction-ha!
 Xtra fun!
they LOVED getting wet in the sprinklers this summer!  there was endless fun in the sun and back yard!
Yippeeeee!
for Lydia's birthday we took her to a neighborhood yard sale and let her pick out her own big gift...ta-da!  this is what she found and fell in love with!  she's a pretty good driver too, hasn't crashed yet...
Zealous
Three is the best birthday ever!  Just look at that face-silly and all!!!

We had a super summer!  The kids enjoyed pretty much every minute.  We did manage to go to Boise once or twice and enjoyed the summer sun and heat there as well (of course I forgot my camera...) There were so many little adventures we did throughout that I would call it the most successful summer thusfar.  The kids slept in the tent a few times, we visited the sand dunes, they played and picnic-ed at Grandmothers a few times, we rode our bikes and took a walk almost nightly, and most of all we enjoyed each others company (the majority of the time)!! 

Farewell summer, welcome fall!

4 comments:

The Prices said...

Looks like you've been busy...your kiddos are such cutie pies! Good luck with the new baby!!

p.s. Thanks for sending me that link

Russ & Katie Ward said...

YAY for the ABC post!! Good job...Super cute!! :)

The Raguskus Family said...

what a fun idea to do the ABC's of your summer! looks like it was a fantastic summer!

The JL McGregor Family said...

I am pretty impressed that you went through the entire alphabet! You guys have such a fun, fun, fantastic family!