Thursday, July 29, 2010

Twenty-Nine

I have finally reached that repeated magic number in life (last Sunday, the 25th). The one number that keeps you "young" in the eyes of others. And what do I have to show for my years?

1. I have a solid marriage to a man I adore and consider my very best friend
2. I have FIVE adorable children
3. I have a home to call my very own, not without any challenges mind you

Here are some fun facts about moi, that you may or may not already know

1. I have a college degree in health and physical education
2. I enjoy reading so much so, it takes me to a whole new world, until that book is finished...yes, that means that I ignore all household chores and to-do's and accomplish the most minimal tasks to keep the house functioning just so I can finish the story :D
3. I LOVE to paper-craft; scrapbooks, card making, etc.
4. I collect recipes-lots and lots of recipes!
5. I have taught myself how to play the piano; I have minimal formal training, but somehow I still held the calling of ward pianist in college one summer...I had never let anyone know, so...my dream is to own a baby grand.
6. Baking is a passion and therefore weight is an issue...LOL!
7. Cooking is a necessary desire for me, but I'm learning more and more to enjoy it and create some yummy things!
8. I love my new hobby of couponing!
9. I have organizational OCD...everything must have a place and be there!
10. I took calligraphy classes one summer in my teen years and have loved practicing since then, I would love to take classes again.

Life is great. It's amazing how much I have learned and grown this past year and in my lifetime. I know that this will be a great year!
I would love to hear your memories of how we met and/or a favorite memory you have, no matter how embarassing it could be. Thank you all for your friendships!

7 comments:

The Prices said...

Happy belated birthday Terressa! I will never forget the first day we met and you heard that good ol' accent of mine, we discovered our common link and and instant friendship was born! It's one of those friendships where it doesn't matter if we don't keep in touch constsantly, but can pick up right where we left off when we do finally meet up again! Love you!

Team Cody said...

Hope you had a great birthday, girl! Wish we were closer to play!

Sarah d' said...

Even though you are only 29, you have a wisdom beyond your years. I love how you respect the things you love most with reverence and maturity, but can still laugh at the silly things. After I met you in the Rexburg Ward, I remember thinking how much I would love to be your friend, but we were both so quiet and kind of reserved. Thank goodness for Bunco! Because of Bunco, I have been able to see the side of you that I adore! The side that shows those gorgeous dimples and gives that wonderful laugh of yours! I am so grateful for you friendship and for your example!
Congratulations on all of your achievements in your 29 years. That list is more than some people can claim to have accomplished in a lifetime!

Anonymous said...

Let's see... I think my very first memory of you and your family was in the 5th ward. And I remember it so clearly because you guys stole our bench. ya, that's right.. the one on the left side of the chapel right behind where the young men sit. I remember thinking 'do they not know that this is OUR bench? who do these people think they are??' or something like that.. haha! i just knew i had to be your friend! anyone with that great of taste in church benches..

oh and i also remember coming to your house to scrapbook (one of my favorite memories.. it was so fun, wasn't it??) i hope this all makes sense, it's late and i'm tired. and i had no idea it was your bday (what a lousy friend i am, huh?) anyway this is a crazy crazy comment so have fun trying to make sense of it all. :)

you are great and i am blessed because you are my friend! love you!

Tina said...

Hey you!! I miss you, Happy late b-day!! I might just have to copy your post and do for my b-day- only take 2 years off.. Your kids are sure cute~

melissa t. said...

I'll never forget the first time I saw you...I was standing in my wedding line. There were a lot of people I didn't know but you just stuck out, in a good way :-)

Janna said...

Calligraphy! I forgot how great your handwriting is. I had to stop blaming my bad hand writing on being left handed. Happy birthday!