Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sharing

I have a hard time updating this blog when I lack the ability to share all the fun we have with pictures. There have been many moments lately that I've documented on my camera, but can't retrieve them and it saddens me. I don't have the gift of tongues associated to writing or painting a picture with words. I am long winded and lack the vocabulary to entice readers, for that I have really struggled with keeping this updated. But I have to make the decision, keep the blog going in whatever fashion I can or erase it. I am choosing to keep it, but there won't be many "fun" or rather picture posts for quite some time.

But that's not the point of this post, please read to the end, there is an awesome giveaway link. As you know (from yesterdays post) I have started a new hobby of couponing and I can't stop! It's such a great "skill". At first I was afraid to admit it, thinking that it would come across that because we are poor I have to start clipping coupons, which is true, but I didn't want pity. However, after about a month of clipping I realized that it's FUN and exhilarating, I just want to SHOUT FROM THE ROOFTOPS!!! In fact, I read a statisitic of sorts that those that coupon don't "need" to-mostly those that make in the upper middle class and those that "need" to-mostly those in the lower middle class to poor don't, in some sort of percentages. So I felt that because I truly need it, that I would DO it and I am so extremely grateful I stuck to it!! I won't lie, it was really overwhelming in the beginning and it takes a good effort the first month or two to get into the niche and know the stores.

Yesterday I went to do my coupon shopping and bought $126.01 worth of products at Albertson's. But I only paid 21.51 OOP (out of pocket) PLUS I received $10 in catalinas (those are coupons that print out at the register, which I consider "cash") to use at a different time, so essentially I only paid $11.51 for $126.01 worth of products (in 7 different transactions)! Isn't that exciting?!?!!! Tell me that doesn't intrigue you...what a great way to stock my storage room! For example, 8 boxes og Kellogg's cereal or pop tarts (mix and match) end up being $.63 a box with coupons and doublers I had!!! And, for the non coupon transaction, I bought 3 trial size herbal essence conditioner (they were out of shampoo) for $3.87 and got a $5 catalina...moneymaker!!!

I subscribe to the Post Register and get 5 sunday papers and one daily paper. I also print coupons from legitimate sites such as coupons.com and redplum.com. I follow a few coupon specific sites (no money required) that do a LOT of the homework for me, so I don't have to wonder when, where, and how to use my coupons. There are a lot of coupons that don't get used, but I'm okay with that because the ones that I did use more than paid for the months worth of paper!! I follow: athriftymom.com; thekrazycouponlady.com; and fabulesslyfrugal.com these are all based out of Boise, but they have connections to this side of the state in one way or another and most of the coupons they get, we get.

In fact right now, fabulesslyfrugal.com is having a SUPER giveaway for FORTY POUNDS of fresh chicken!! Go to their site and read all the details and then enter yourself to win (make sure you put my name and number -881.2444-as your referral)!! What would you do with all that chicken?? I have to share this, it's just too fantatic not to!!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That's awesome! I could use a coupon lesson or two!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

happy birthday!