Monday, July 12, 2010

We LIVE!!

I didn't think anyone really read this anymore, but I've been asked a few times to update. once agin, no pictures, but since my sister is in China I will just update with what I sent her.

Bryant is really slimming down-he's proud of himself. He's having a great time making friends in the neighborhood, but he still struggles with being the in charge dude of ALL situations. He's quite smart and is just loving learning how to help out more at the house and in the kitchen especially. He's a great helper with Lydia and Emily-he loves to feel like he has a little bit of control with them-it's funny.

Kayelynn looks like she's about 6, her hair is getting long (past her shoulders) and blonde and she is just getting more and more cute and serious, she's currently going through a shy phase again. She can get Emily to laugh so quickly and she loves it. She is an awesome helper, always jumping on everything I say before anyone even processes what was just said.

Sarah is getting tall, about 3 inches shorter than Kayelynn and looks like she's about 5 although I get asked all the time if they are twins. Her hair is growing , it's past her shoulders too, but her hair is very dark, with some natural sun streaked highlights. She talks all the time and is just super funny and cute and lives on her own planet most of the time, but is very aware of what's going on and being said around her-she will randomly answer something that was said even if it wasn't directed at her-it's so funny. She's still the peacemaker of the family and it's great, she gets along with everyone!

Lydia will be two on Friday!! She is a P.I.L.L. but incredibly funny! Her hair is long (mid back) and super blonde from the sun bleaching it. She is a chatterbox as well and has an incredible vocabulary for her age! She blows the socks off people with what she can say and comprehend. She is also our little dennis the menace (the girl version)-she can charm her way out of every predicament she gets into and that's A LOT- needless to say she's mastered the charming to a T! In fact, she will automatically charm a stranger before any interaction with just her little smile and wrinkled nose-it's so cute!

Emily is 5 months old and looks about 8-she's so long! she's still got the little baby look and is quite small looking compared to how the others "chunked" out about this age...it's interesting how different they all can be and yet so alike. she LOVES her mom...she's finally starting to let me put her down for more than 5 minutes-as long as someone is in the room with her, except Lydia. She is incredible afraid of that sister. Lydia loves her too much and tries too hard to "help". In one word, Emily is adorable. She has two dimples that just light up her face when she smiles. She has the chubby cheeks all the kids have had but you can still see those dimples through it all. She is trying to sit independently, she is trying to cut teeth (they are taking FOREVER), she doesn't like tummy time unless there is something in front of her to keep her interested-therefore, she is almost crawling, she can do the little army crawl. She's especially mobile on her back-it's crazy she lifts her back and pushes with her feet and voila! she's there.

I don't get anything done in the day because Emily isn't a good sleeper during the day and I have to hold her most of the time. We've pulled out the little chair that hangs on the counter top and she's okay there with a graham cracker. I've almost gotten to where I can get the dishes unloaded and loaded in the dishwasher in 5 minutes...that's her limit and after two little wedges of graham cracker that's all she is interested in. She's really good at going to bed at 10pm and then I take time to get things done I want, like paper crafts and end up staying up way too late, but it feels so good to accomplish something I have created. I'm in a card club, so I force myself to get some extra crafting done once I get my cards made (I have to make 9), afterall, Jake bought me a Cricut Expression for Mother's Day and I need to use it. Occasionally I have to call a friend over to help me for the day so I can sweep, mop, fold laundry, etc. But we're getting a little better everyday. By the time she's walking she'll want to play with the kids more and it will be better. I have started a new hobby of couponing and I LOVE it-we save so much money and I have gotten more in our year-storage than I ever have or thought possible in the last 5 months!! It's a thrill I enjoy...shopping. saving. food storage. all in one!

Jake took the summer off from school and we've had someone come do the electrical downstairs. Jake finished the shelves in the storage room this weekend and it's looks GREAT! I am so excited. We can't finish anymore of the basement this year (unless we miraculously stumble across a money tree), but we will slowly keep things progressing-luckily Jake can do pretty much all of it by himself!

We've enjoyed a few family trips this summer and plan to have family on town a few times as well as one more trip before school starts! It's been a great summer so far. Our garden is growing, albeit slowly and it hasn't been too hot yet. It's great!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you updated your blog. I love reading about your family. You're a great mom and your kids are all so cute.

Rachel said...

Way to juggle 5 kids! You are amazing! Glad you guys are doing well!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

love the updates on the kids! can't wait to see some pics! :)

Sarah d' said...

Wahoo! A perfectly Terressa-esque post! I ADORE any little morsel you post. It's so fun to get caught up when I don't get to see you nearly enough!!