The house was finished as of Saturday, the 14th. There wasn't a garage door until yesterday, but otherwise everything was done, cleaned (in a man's version), and ready. The inspection and appraisal took place and then the appraiser never called to let the lender/realtor know that he had done his job so the lender wasn't able to request for money until today. We meet with her tomorrow to get the last minute details figured out and then we have to wait for the money to arrive-which usually takes about 5 days.
So, a fate would have it, we won't be able to close until the 27th, the day after Thanksgiving, and because Jake is scheduled to work that day we will be will be moving all in one day, the 28th (we have never done that before, I sure hope it can happen) so that I can get the apartment clean on the 30th and have our checkout by noon. It is going to be a long weekend, but we will finally be living in our own place.
I feel like I'm holding my breath until everything really happens and then I think I will just bawl my eyes out because it actually took place...when you have dream and it actually comes true it's hard not to just fall on your knees and cry like a baby all the while pouring your heart out in prayer!
We celebrated our 8th anniversary on Monday, the 16th...it was one of those days that we just enjoyed spending together with our children and reflecting on the few years that have passed before us. It was fun to discuss how it was that day and how we were feeling and acting prior to seeing each other. We just kept looking in each other's eyes and seeing what we saw and felt that day...it's amazing all that has happened in such a short amount of time and yet how much we've grown because of it!!
newlyweds!!
the best men...
the bridesmaids...
8 years later...
In the meantime, I think I'll share some pictures that we've taken while living in our temporary dwelling.
she wants to be sophisticated like her mom...she LOVES to try on our glasses...we just have to make sure she doesn't touch them-she has a tendency to break every pair she touches.
taken 8/11/09
shortly after we moved to the apartment we finally made it to the park and the kids LOVED the slide...I tried to get one of all of them sitting so wonderfully at the top, but they had too much energy to sit still-I think this turned out even better!!
taken 8/26/09
Bryant's first day of school (which happened to be Sarah's birthday)
taken 8/26/09
Lydia was so tired, she managed to get lunch in her tummy, but didn't make it to her bed before she zonked-my first child to ever do this...it was pretty funny.
taken 8/20/09
the kids and I made it to the zoo on the free day-my sister and her boyfriend met us there and took this picture-it's the best one we could get-silly kids
this is what Lydia does when the girls are at preschool...gather every single doll in the house and watch Elmo's world...she was especially into being mommy this day, as she insisted on the accessories on the ears-it was so funny
taken 9/24/09

remember that tire that blew out on our way to Boise? well here it is...in the shrubs just after it stopped steaming.
remember that tire that blew out on our way to Boise? well here it is...in the shrubs just after it stopped steaming.
taken 10/15/09

and the wheel that got all chewed up with the remainder of the tire...I still laugh when I see these pictures, I can't believe it really happened. I'm still so thankful Jake was the one driving
and the wheel that got all chewed up with the remainder of the tire...I still laugh when I see these pictures, I can't believe it really happened. I'm still so thankful Jake was the one driving
taken 10/15/09
what is that, you ask?? She and Sarah got into the lotion and decided to paint their arms, faces, hair and even the carpet-it was too funny not to take a picture.
taken 10/4/09
the initial culprit got caught...she's the one that can reach the lotion and the one that confessed that she painted her sister just like herself! oh the creativity in this one's head...
taken 10/4/09
While potty training Sarah, Lydia decided she wanted to test out the pullups too, but did not want it on her bottom...this was the way she wanted it! (she's mad at the "binoculars" she's holding, they wouldn't do what she wanted).
taken 10/20/09
this is a common site at our house...a book and a teenager laying on the kitchen floor reading aloud the pictures that she sees.
taken 11/12/09
She has now decided that the pullups aren't as good at the "princess chair"...she really, really wants to be a big girl like Sarah. Oh how I wouldn't mind having her potty-trained before the baby arrives...what a great thing that would be! (Bryant potty-trained himself like this and was fully potty trained by 18months-it could happen)
taken 11/6/09
Walking in her father's shoes (size 18)...I sure hope she doesn't get feet that big...I don't even think they make women's shoes that big!!
taken 11/1/09
found this wizard costume for a quarter...she wanted it on and then decided that she wasn't so sure...
taken 10/27/09
Kayelynn's ride on her uncle's motorcycle...she was so cold, but insisted on getting a big girl ride!
taken 10/25/09
Lydia was mad that she couldn't have more rides and longer...she loved having the wind in her hair. You could hear her giggle as they came up the road...it was pretty stinking cute!
taken 10/25/09
We have had a lot of fun memories in this apartment and can't wait to begin new ones in our own place! The kids ask daily how long it will be until we move, the excitement is spreading throughout...it's really fun to see how much they are understanding and enjoying this transition! Thank you all for your comments of love and support. We are grateful for friends and family, such as you in our lives.
















4 comments:
What fun pictures! We are available on Saturday to help, and yes, it can be done, we have nearly always done it in one day. If you have the finacial ability, the most efficient way to do it is rent a Uhaul, the biggest they have, then you only have to make one trip :). Let us know when you need us, and if you need me to take the kids away, Amy and I can hold a playdate out of the way so you don't even have to worry about them...If you have the uhaul and no kids, if you start at 9 or 10, you should be done by early afternoon, then you can start unpacking and setting up! just let us know!!! you can call me in case Facebook isn't fast enough - 523-3168
I am still so excited for you guys. That's too bad they won't let you move in early. We moved in over a week before we closed. Let us know if you need any help! Congrats on making it 8 years! What a fun way to celebrate!
what great kids! I can't believe how much Lydia has grown!
I am anxious to read (on your blog) about what it feels like to ACTUALLY hold the keys to your house and know that it's yours. We're right behind you. We close mid-December. I love the reflection of your wedding...and I love that I am on your blog! ha ha ha. What are your plans for the actual day of Thanksgiving? Hope you have happy holidays! Take care!
Post a Comment