Friday, November 13, 2009

Another glimpse

A lot has happened in two days...I am getting so excited to see everything coming together!! I'm pretty sure they will be doing all the finishing touches tomorrow and that we will be able to close as planned. What an exciting thing...it's so fun to walk through the house with Jake and see him light up and get giddy about OUR place and see the relief he has that he has brought a dream to life and that he has proof that he does support us adequately. Thank you, Jake, for all that you do and especially for working so hard to let me be home with our hooligans.

The ENORMOUS rolls of sod ready to be laid. It was such a cold and windy day, but the landscaper was out there getting the job done!
taken 11/12/09

And he had the coolest "tractor" to actually lay the sod for him and then a neat little rake to help straighten the rows...it was pretty neat to watch and know he wasn't breaking his back as much with the help of these neat inventions.
taken 11/12/09

the cabinets!! my favorite...the thing I've been waiting the most to see.
knotty alder with a medium stain...LOVE IT! I asked for extra storage and they custom built the large cabinet on the left of the picture. I think that will be my favorite feature in the kitchen...
taken 11/12/09

I drove up to the house this afternoon and I saw this...
the grass COMPLETELY done! and the back fence up!! I got so excited I literally ran into the house to see how much got done there!
taken 11/13/09

before I entered the house I took a picture of the back yard...this is the angle that shows my garden spot...it looks like there still might be a little fence to be put up.
taken 11/13/09

this is the opposite side of the yard...there's a little spot of fence left there too...cool! I can't believe that we already have a back fence and a yard with sprinkler system! It's all surreal...
taken 11/13/09

I walked in, and my carpets were all laid!! It looks fantastic! Yes, I picked a more expensive carpet, but we made a sacrifice with a few other things to keep the budget as it should.
this is the living room...
taken 11/13/09

this is the angle from the front door...I'm loving the softness of my carpet-even with shoes on I could tell it was plush. I can't wait to walk through with barefeet and enjoy brand new carpet!!
taken 11/13/09

the style of home we have is "santa fe" this is the door style throughout the entire house-LOVE it!! good thing they've invented swiffer dusters-I'm sure this will be a pain to clean
taken 11/13/09

this is the master bath...I took this to show the counter tops throughout the house...again a splurge (supposedly-this was not intentional) but I LOVE how it matches/goes with all the colors and styles we've chosen throughout the rest of the house.
taken 11/13/09

the appliances are in!! The dishwasher and sink...
taken 11/13/09

the microwave and gas stove-with an extra burner in the middle. again, we splurged on this, but we knew that the only way we would get what we really wanted and not have to replace it was to use the appliance allowance toward the three appliances and then purchase the fridge separately. I am super excited to use a gas range-I grew up with them and have never really liked electric, it's just not the same. I also know that I want/need a huge fridge, so we will be purchasing that just before we move, so it can be in and ready to store food! I will show pictures of that when it's in it's spot...I'm loving my kitchen!! now if I can just figure out how it will work with me and not against me as most kitchens have done...we'll get there soon enough!
taken 11/13/09

I can't wait to go see the finalized version tomorrow...they still need to put on a few door knobs and touch up some paint spots and most importantly, they need to install the garage door! It should all come together by tomorrow evening! It's a thrilling and surreal thought to know I will have my own custom home-it's really kind of a weird thought-I'm sure it's like that for anyone who's a first time homebuyer...but wow! what a step in life.

12 comments:

The Prices said...

The builder we bought from wouldn't let us change the carpet....it's definitely worth getting the good stuff, ours is awful!

The Raguskus Family said...

how exciting...it is a beautiful home. enjoy moving in! i love your cabinets in your kitchen!

Chris and Brit said...

It looks so nice. I can't wait to see it in real life.

Anneka said...

How exciting!!! It looks fantastic!! I love the extra storage in the kitchen and your appliances are fantastic! I also love you wall color in the living room!

Amy said...

It looks beautiful. And hey, we have the same microwave!! I love it! You definitely will love it after picking out everything that you like!! Congrats on your own first home.

Josh and Danielle said...

i just want to say i love love love your cabinets!!! and your carpet is beautiful!!! i cant wait to see it when we come up for thanksgiving!!!

the only thing i dont like and i know you are withme is the ceiling and the walls the same green. lol when you paint your ceilings white they will make the room pop with your amazing trim you picked out!!! i am so excited for you guys!!! i cant wait to see how jake transforms the downstairs! yepee for you!

The Henderson Family said...

Terressa, i love it. i would have loved to be able to pick my own stuff. My favorite part is your "pantry". That is at the top of my wish list if we ever move. I also love the use of the sapce for a bookshelf and cupboard above the stairs. It is beautiful. As for the ceilings, they will look awesome white, but they don't look terrible for now, and I was looking at the front yard property line. It is crazy, but not horrible. OH, enjoy it all, I am so happy for you!!!

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Tawna said...

What a fun experience!!! I love to see how much you are enjoying it. I think that's how it should be. You guys deserve it! Happy moving (when the times comes)!

Lisa said...

Your house is beautiful! I'm really loving your kitchen! Can't wait to see the final! :)

devegnees said...

WAHOOooooOOOO!!! I'm running around in circles and screaming at the top of my lungs!!!! (Okay, I'm really just sitting here typing. . . but I'm screaming and running on the inside, okay?)

nateandcole said...

That's so exciting and so nice that you'll have a place to call home and not move for a long time. What a beautiful home. We live in an older home (that I really like), but when I see pictures of the new ones, it always makes me hope for someday! Enjoy YOUR home.