Could use improvement in speed and communication.
However still close to the top of the class.
That is the ranking of the house at this point in time.
Enjoy the progress.
We are hoping to see carpet put in tomorrow, the fence finished, cabinets and countertops begun and then the garage door, appliances and finishing touches on friday/saturday! I hope we will be done then...that's what the builder promised, so we'll see if the hired labor guys feel the pressure we do!
there's a door, you can also see the sheetrock through the front door...they were working hard-surprisingly it only took two days to put in all the sheetrock, mud and tape and then texture over the weekend. The driveway was put in that day and had a tarp over it the very next morning!
taken 10/26
putting the stakes in for the driveway pad
taken 10/26
basement steps
taken 10/31
basement bathroom
taken 10/31
basement, one bedroom closet framed
taken 10/31
basement shot from one end to the other
taken 10/31
The basement will be left unfinished for us to do what we envision for the benefit of our family. We are hoping to have the bathroom, the storage room and at least one bedroom finished before the baby comes-that's the goal. We will then put in two more bedrooms and a possible play room for the kids as well as the "theatre room" aka family room.
brick is being put on!!
taken 11/5

there's the fence line! our property is "special". In the back yard there is a portion that has 5 feet deaded to the original land owner, which is why we have a jog in the fence/property. In the front yard it's a whole different story...we'll get to that when I have better pictures to show of the craziness.
there's the fence line! our property is "special". In the back yard there is a portion that has 5 feet deaded to the original land owner, which is why we have a jog in the fence/property. In the front yard it's a whole different story...we'll get to that when I have better pictures to show of the craziness.
taken 11/11

wood flooring! It's hickory and oh, so pretty, can't wait to see it shining without the dust
wood flooring! It's hickory and oh, so pretty, can't wait to see it shining without the dust
taken 11/11

the outside it finished!! it only took them 3 1/2 days to do it, but it's done...I don't think the lighting outside was all that great, it was overcast but it's a green hue in the siding, not grey
the outside it finished!! it only took them 3 1/2 days to do it, but it's done...I don't think the lighting outside was all that great, it was overcast but it's a green hue in the siding, not grey
taken 11/11

master bath tiling, he did a brick pattern here and in the laundry room, he laid it "normally" in the kids bath...
master bath tiling, he did a brick pattern here and in the laundry room, he laid it "normally" in the kids bath...
taken 11/10

the front entry-he did an awesome layout per our request and he did a FANTASTIC job! the kids are so excited that this cool place is actually ours!!
the front entry-he did an awesome layout per our request and he did a FANTASTIC job! the kids are so excited that this cool place is actually ours!!
taken 11/10

slightly closer take-it still looks grey here, sorry. it is a color that changes depending on how the sun is shining (or not) on it. The door does have a grey hue, I will probably change that at some point, but for now I kind of like it and it's not a priority ;)
slightly closer take-it still looks grey here, sorry. it is a color that changes depending on how the sun is shining (or not) on it. The door does have a grey hue, I will probably change that at some point, but for now I kind of like it and it's not a priority ;)
taken 11/11
There you have it folks. The house is coming along and there will for sure be more pictures in the next few days-we should be done in THREE!!!! I can't wait to see my cabinets and countertops in with the carpet on the floor and the minor touch-ups done! It will be so exciting!!! Then we wait for the inspection and the closing date to draw near-that will go fast as we will be packing up a storm. The unfortunate part, with the days Jake has been scheduled to work we will not be able to move until Thanksgiving weekend, unless I can convince him to move the few days before Thanksgiving...either way he does have to trade one day, so we'll see if they really finish the house by Saturday and we go from there...so if anyone feels like helping move after shopping Friday morning, we would LOVE your help-we want to get done in one day!! Ha! I will be cleaning Saturday, so again if you feel like helping during your holiday, come on over-I intend to try and get enough helpers that there can be one or two to a room and be done in a few hours!! This is all ideal and I live in an ideal world-at least momentarily {wink}













8 comments:
I love it! How exciting!! Let us know if you need any help moving!
I LOVE the tile in your bathroom!!! Do you need help packing too? Call me!!!
Everything looks great and you sound really happy!
It looks great!!! I know I can at least help you out on Friday. I'm not shopping. I just can't do it on Black Friday. So, let me know when, and I can help. I am just down the road!:)
We are here all of thanksgiving weekend, Andrew took it off to go out of town, and now we are not going anywhere, so let us know when and what you need! The house is beautiful, that is my favorite siding in the world!!!
Looks great! Love the colors. Thats great you have a big basement for the kids to run around especially now that its coming into winter.
The house looks awesome! I bet you are just too excited to sleep!! We might be going out of town for thanksgiving, but if not, I am so there to help you pack/move/clean!
it's so pretty! congrats again!!
Post a Comment