Monday, October 19, 2009

Life goes on...

There have been so many fun and exciting things happening in our family recently...it's been hard to not post, but without pictures it's a little boring.

Bryant did receive his glasses and sure enough he looks handsome and is doing so well in school-his penmanship has gotten very impressive-even his teacher comments on it! He's loving school this year, which has been something I've held my breath to see.
Kayelynn is doing well in preschool. We got an email from her teacher telling us how much she is a role model in class and how well she is expected to perform in kindergarten-she LOVES school!! She is so fun-she is the little mom of the house.
Sarah is a hoot! She also loves preschool and gives a hug to her teachers every time she enters the classroom-it's pretty cute! She is learning so fast and is so excited to tell us about it when we pick her up. Everyone should have a conversation with this kid-so funny!
Lydia is a little ball of fire-both good and bad. She has been pretty sick the last few weeks, but is on the mend and getting back to her spunky self! She is so fun to be with. Her language is huge for her age and her comprehension is absolutely amazing-I am stunned everytime she responds to something I wouldn't expect. And her facial expressions are hilarious!
Jake is enjoying work, they treat him so well! He has enrolled in school, starting January to get his pre-requisites out of the way for the RN program-three more year and he should have that diploma in his hands!! The kids always have his schedule memorized for the upcoming week-they LOVE when he has his days off, especially if that means he gets to be the one to take them to school :)
I am just a big pregnant blob, needing a haircut and some serious sleep. Otherwise, doing fantastic!

Last week I went in for my ultrasound, but it was so hard to get the baby to open it's legs that for now it's a guess for girl. I got a call this afternoon to come in tomorrow for a complimentary ultrasound-they have a rep coming to demonstrate the machine they might get and for some reason they called me to come in for one of those demonstrations-so hopefully I can get a better shot of the babies gender-either way, I'm okay-I just don't want a guess.

We took a family vacation this last weekend to Boise for some much needed fun, mixed with some unexpected "entertainment"! We were 20 miles from Boise when our driver's side back tire popped off the wheel well. We took the tire, strapped it to the top and took our loaded car with 3 regular tires and a donut tire the rest of the way to my mom's...it was pretty funny, but only because Jake was driving and could actually change the tire...and to think I was going to go by myself-I'd probably still be stranded on the side of the road! The kids and Jake played lots outside at my parents while I went shopping-literally til I dropped. The famous second hand store that I go to for my kids clothes was having a bargain bin weekend for quarter clothes, toys, shoes, etc and inexpensive childrens equipment and large toys. It was so fun and so, so tiring. I ended up with just over 300 pieces of clothing and shoes and a few toys along with a few large pieces of equipment for the new little one. My sister in law came with us and she got just as much, so some of my items stayed in Boise until we go back before the baby arrives...I wish I could post a picture of what the car looked like-it was quite hilarious!

There's more to share, but not enough time. I will try to find the time between laundry, cleaning and school and another family trip (this time to Utah) to get more posted. Until next time...

2 comments:

devegnees said...

WOW! The Super Shopper strikes again! I can't wait to hear about more of the details on Thursday night! YAY!!! Your kids are so cute--even without the pictures I could picture their cute little, expressive faces!

Tina said...

This was totally Me last week! Flat tire in Jerrom, by my self with both kids!! Yeah not fun! And it was getting dark!