Friday, October 30, 2009

Rolling, rolling, rolling...

...along.
The house is coming right along. They have poured the driveway and front sidewalk and back "patio". They have finished taping and mudding and the texture is should be dry today. They will start leveling the dirt (after the snow disappears) and start painting. I finished picking out all the appliances yesterday and now I get to monitor the progress. I had seen a home in the neighborhood with the same layout and fell in love with the colors outside, but decided instead of just copying them I would pick out my own...I ended up picking out the exact same colors for the siding and brick!! The color changes depending on the way the sun is hitting it and it looks great! I can't wait to see it on my house! We went for a greenish color inside the house with a whitish trim. We have wood floors in the kitchen, a beautiful tile in the bathrooms and laundry and the thickest carpet we could get! I can't wait to see it all inside the house! They predict the house should be ready for final inspection by the 13th of November, if not sooner!!

In other news, I went to the doctor for my glucose test (a month early) and passed! No gestational diabetes here-I can enjoy my holidays!! They finally measured me to see if I would be measuring ahead or not and I am right on, that hasn't been the case since I was pregnant with Bryant! I think I've decided to go get another gender check. There's a place here in town that will do that for a minimal cost and they are very accurate, now I just have to make the appointment. I have had an ongoing cold for about 2 weeks now, but because I have asthma it been causing more problems than a typical cold. I went to the doctor and she prescribed a heavier medication to help me breathe. And then I get hit with pink eye! What adult gets that?? Seriously, I know exactly why/how you get it and I feel like a nerd that I'm walking around with green goop in my eye-pathetic! But Jake informed me that because I'm so congested it decided to drain through my eye...I guess that's supposed to make me feel better...
Anyway, it's just been a crazy life this month and there's only one day left! I can't believe it!

This week has topped the crazy busy life-I have barely had time to breathe, but it's been fun picking everything out for the house and keeping the kids entertained with all the different Halloween festivities that have taken place this week. They have also been excited to see the progress of the house! Now that I have a little time today I may actually get some pictures downloaded and be able to post them in the next few days!! November will be here soon and we will have some serious action taking place at our house-I am seriously getting excited to move!! I never thought I would say that. I'm also getting a little anxious...it's still so unbelieveable to be able to say that this is MY place and to be able to move and have no thoughts of where we will end up after that...I don't have to worry about that and can actually start living a more stable lifestyle for the kids...it's just weird and yet so exciting!!

8 comments:

The Henderson Family said...

Terressa, I am just so excited for you, it is so neat to hear how excited you are. Congrats. Also...While I was preggo last winter I got sick (on Thanksgiving and my birthday) I got the green goop and red eyes too...it was a sinus infection, and all the congestion and infection was draining into my eye. Warm compresses helped alot. Hang in there, and let me know if you need ANYTHING!!! And I am curious, I have suspicions about where your house is, am I right?

Janna said...

This is sooo fun to hear. And hurray for an extra 8k in the bank, too. Glad you passed the glucose test. I seriously hate pricks.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! I remember picking out all of that stuff and it's is just too exciting. Let me know what I can do to help you move.. your kids can come over and play one day while you pack -or take a nap. :)

Amy said...

yeah!! It's so exciting!! Let us know if you need help moving.

Lisa said...

Congratulations on all the good things in your life!! I am so excited for you to own your first home! You will love it! :) Hugs!

Dacia said...

how fun for you to get to pick out all the stuff for your house! So excited for you!!

Rachel said...

I can't wait to see pics of the house! Are you still driving to Rexburg to go to the doc or did you switch to one down here?

The Prices said...

I'm still so excited for you...can't wait to see the house finished!