Monday, September 7, 2009

"Labor" Day

Saw this floating around on the web, thought it was pretty clever.

How long were your labors?
Bryant-9hrs. 15min
Kayelynn-3hrs. 12 min.
Sarah-6hrs. 9 min.
Lydia-3 hrs. 30 min.

How did you know you were in labor?
Bryant-contractions started at home about 7pm, went to hospital-they sent me home, I went back an hour later-the contractions were pretty much the "hint"
Kayelynn-induced, meaning they broke my water, my body did the rest
Sarah-induced, they broke my water, my body did the rest-really slowly.
Lydia-induced, they broke my water, my body did the rest

Where did you deliver?
All of them were born at Madison Memorial

Drugs?
Bryant-demerol x2 (that stuff makes you loopy)
Kayelynn-Nubain
Sarah-Nubain x2
Lydia-Nubain, 1/2 dose, mostly none

C-section?
None of them

Who delivered?
Bryant-the midwife (Helene) I had briefly met once
Kayelynn-the midwife (Helene) that delivered Bryant-I was very impressed with her following my wishes
Sarah-Helene, barely
Lydia-Helene

How long were you pregnant?
Bryant-39wks. 4days
Kayelynn-38wks. 4 days
Sarah-39wks. 2days
Lydia-38wks. 6 days

How much did they weigh? (bonus)
Bryant-8lbs. 8oz.
Kayelynn-8lbs. 13oz.
Sarah-9lbs. 13oz.
Lydia-8lbs. 6oz.

3 comments:

The Raguskus Family said...

so fun to read...you are fortunate to have never gone over 40 weeks with 4 babies!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness! I have totally been out of the loop! I'm so sorry for the hard time you are going through. Sometimes life sucks. The only thing that is comforting is that the Lord will never give us something we can't handle. I know you guys will make it through this rough time. If you are looking for a house...let me know....I know of a few for sale. :) Let me know if there is anything I can do for you, even if you just need a shoulder to cry on. We should get together one of these days while the kids are in school. Journee has school M-W-Th 8:30-11:00. Call me! Hang in there! I love ya!

The Henderson Family said...

I don't think our results could be much more different, my first labor at like 60 hours at 34 weeks preggo, resulting in a 5 lb baby, the next was a c-section, etc. But Helene delivered Nate too, I really like her, alot!!!