Thursday, May 28, 2009

Coming out of hibernation...

...I have taken a hiatus from the blog world for the past few weeks-this month has been crazy busy and I decided to use my time more "wisely" and spend more quality time with the kids during "free-time" instead of sitting and letting the calories plant themselves in my belly (not that I got any thinner playing with the kids). I figured a little update would help, if you don't care that's fine, but I do...I'm sure you are well aware of L's first steps beings it's been a few weeks since then -although she is still choose-y when she will take those great and magnificent strides...

Utah trip (take 2 for May)
Sister-in-law baby shower...good thing too-she ended up having her baby 4 days later-one month early, she had toxemia pretty bad and he had a knot in the cord, they discovered at his birth...mom and baby are doing well-can't wait to meet the little man...

my sisters-in-law and me

the yummy food we had (the cheese fondue has become quite the hit with shrek's family)

the mother-to-be and the diaper cake I made (I couldn't resist showing it, I think it turned out darn well, thanks Kimberly for the advice)


Enjoying the swingset one last day...the landlord needed it moved to her residence...(and warm, fresh air)

S-my future frugal spender ;)





L was so relaxed...I feel badly she didn't get much more time on it than this...

it's not often you get them all to "pose" while playing

Last day of Preschool

Crazy hat day...she wanted to be cuter than crazy ;)

she and her teacher...we will miss her next year, she was great (she's having a baby early september and opted to be home to be a mom-way to go!!)


Shrek's birthday
shortly after starting his job, a year ago, J was dubbed as Shrek at work...his size and the green scrubs he wears makes it, oh so irresistible!! it's quite hilarious...most of them have called him Shrek for so long that they have forgotten his real name (if not for the nametag necklace he dones)

the cake...

the SPOILED gift he received...a real life helicopter repilca, apparantly it's a man's dream ;)

it has pricey parts, we have to keep the littlest of destructors away


Kindergarten graduation

they were taught the "graduation march" (aka the wedding march) and they all walked in like that, it was uber cute!

majority of his class, singing the "alma mater"

I couldn't resist this picture...the girl on the right (Julie) has caught B's eye lately...most mornings he asks me to choose between a couple shirts with the decision based on if Julie will like it or not...he's trying to impress without being too over the top-it's kind of cute!

receiving his diploma from the principle (wow, did i spell that right? looks totally wrong)

his proud great-grandma

his extra proud great-great grandma!

and the ExTrEmElY proud parents (we made it through Kindergarten without too many tears [mostly from mom]...I talked to the school counselor today and was able to negotiate and discuss my issues regarding school and my concerns leading into next year...she picked a teacher that sounds very close to the personality of the one he had before we moved and I feel extremely comfortable...I have made it a personal duty to become more involved with the school and the programs, etc. this next year)

We've had a crazy month and now it's summer!!! More crazy times ahead, but a little more relaxed I hope...I'm quite anxious for the change of routine...I just hope I can figure out some fun things to do in this new city...I don't know much to do that doesn't cost much...thanks for enduring the recap...

4 comments:

gina said...

Here are some of our Summer ideas:

Tuesday
12 movies for $8 at the paramount. (my nephew brought home the info from his school) They play kid movies during the day all summer long.

Wednesday
Parks/picnics
I think this is the playgroup day..

Thursday
Story time at the library
Snow cone day- I have to limit it to one day a week or they want one every day.

I only take the kids to the zoo once or twice a Summer. Call to get the special rates. Sometimes they give discounts for moms with strollers... (or something like that) Oh and go right when they open up before it gets too hot. The animals hide afternoon.

The snake river roaring youth jam is usually the first or second weekend in August. It's fun/free art/craft things down by the river.

I babysit Tues-Thurs so I usually plan fun activities for those days to keep the kids busy. Let me know if you ever want to get together. My nephew is 6 (almost 7) and my niece is 4 (Jace's age).
Okay sorry I just wrote a novel!!!

Robins Fam said...

Cute diaper cake! And your SIL looks so familiar. Super cute kiddie pics! And...what does Audi mean?

Silvia said...

I thought I was on a wrong blog ... Why that name?

Did you came again to Utah?

We have to meet the next time...

Janna said...

Oh what fun! I love the playground pics, especially those delicious baby cheek pictures.