Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cinco De Mayo

We visited family in Utah for Cinco de Mayo...J's sister and fam are up from NV-we haven't seen her in 5 years-so we decided it was worth missing some school and seeing some family! We have a great time. J even commented that the "vacation" wasn't long enough...good thing we go back in two weeks!!

The thunder was a rolling on the way down...it was really neat to watch the weather change...not so neat to drive in (at least not if I was driving) the kids thought it was so weird that the rain would be so loud and not as quiet as if we were in our house...

I've never taken a picture of the two of us while we're driving...here we are

K has taken after her father's footsteps and decided to be a nurse...it was so fun to watch them act!

L was in high heaven for being in a "big-girl chair" at the table!!

The men at work...making the most delicious carne asada's I've ever tasted! I hope Shrek decides to make them again some day soon, yes that's a hint ;)

the little girl cousins started playing together almost immediately, no matter the age, size difference let alone some of them had never met before! they kept running in circles, but all my shots of that were blurry...this is the best one

Shrek riding his brother's bike! He thinks he should have one too...maybe when the kids are all grown!

The girls were having so much fun outside waiting their turn to ride on the motorcycle

K LOVED this experience, she wouldn't even look at me

this picture says a thousand words!!

K and cousin were waiting on the lawn together...I couldn't resist the shot

Fluffy Bunny siblings

Fluffy Bunny...they are to put as many marshmallows in their mouth as they can and still be able to say fluffy bunny without choking or spitting them out...it was H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S.

the winner!! I think he got 12 in his mouth

Playing at the park

S LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to swing!!

L was getting anything she could in her mouth! good thing we provided those water bottles

playing some sort of truck game-go figure


On the way home I got these shots (some better than others)...it was the LoNgEsT ride ever! L would NOT stop screaming...we tried everything...even marshmallows...I was willing to have a dirty carseat for a quiet child...it worked until the marshmallow was gone...she would NOT fall asleep...oh well, we'll figure something out, maybe for next time.

We had so much fun visiting with family, staying up late, and just having fun! Thanks guys!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Good pictures by the way!

Amy said...

Oh and that museum is at thanksgiving point in Lehi, I believe. It is lots of fun. You should take your kids there definately. It has 3-D shows too.

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

loved looking through all the pics!

Oh, we actually have 3 accounts... :) It's one pic per e-mail address.... don't worry though, they usually do it again for father's day and/or christmas!

melissa t. said...

thanks for the in about the necklace-i can't wait to wear it. also, don't let me forget smores next time :-)