The fridge is open, Lydia is in her walker and she finds the tobasco sauce bottle (which is never used)...daily, multiple times daily. She pretends its a bottle and carries is around until I can convince her that cheerios or kix are a much better option.
Now fast forward...we are sitting in a booth at a local restaurant. She's had her fill of the good stuff and becomes antsy waiting for the older kids to finish eating. She grabs the tobasco sauce and starts sucking...then screaming. She sucks on it again and screams louder. Her mouth is on fire. Luckily we have milk and applesauce.
The tobasco bottle is now trashed at home.
No pictures, sorry...I thought of that after Jake helped calm the fire. It was kind of funny the faces she was making.
5 years ago













3 comments:
Times like that I think are hard parenting moments because you want to laugh at how silly it is and the funny expressions they pull but you have to pull it together and comfort them in their pain.
Oh, I bet her expressions were just too much!
always so sad the first time they get that spicy taste in their mouth! good thing you had GOOD stuff to douse it with instead of just water!
hahaha!! poor baby...I shouldn't laugh.
Post a Comment