Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

We had a wonderful weekend! Jake's siblings travelled up from Utah to come celebrate. We had a fantastic weekend with most of the fun on Saturday.

While preparing for Easter, the kids were enrolled in helping clean house, make beds, pick up toys, etc. The house got really quiet and this is what I walked into!

dollar store makeup caked on the girls' faces...they were so thrilled with themselves for doing it alone!

Sarah putting on, what I thought was plastic lipstick!

Kayelynn thrilled with the outcome


Lydia was SOoooo excited to see a baby...she would literally squeal everytime baby Dallas was brought in the room...this is the best photo we could get of it...it was so sweet to see her give slobbery kisses.



Great-grandmother treats everyone to lunch on Saturday for our Easter feast. It's so fun to be together with family...the kids LOVED it!
Going on a hunt!!



Bryant was so fast all I got was blurred photos of him. The girls took their time and enjoyed finding all they could! We even found more today ;)


Lydia stole the popcorn ball she found on the table...she was in heaven!!


Lydia got her biggest boo-boo this weekend. She was determined to come outside with the rest of the gang. For some reason I didn't shut the screen like I always do and left her inside in her walker and then I heard a thud...she kind of did a flying leap out the door and landed face down since the walker is so heavy in front. She got quite the wood-burn, if that is such a thing, on her forehead and a blister on her nose. She recovered well.
We had so much fun with family, we miss them all already. I love that the kids get along so well when we only get to see each other a few times a year!

2 comments:

Shortcake said...

Talk about extreme makeovers! My Liddy already loves to play with makeup - I'm not sure I'm ready for the day I'll walk in on that scene. OUCH - Poor Lydia - mine has similar marks most of the time too - it's never fun though to see it.

Amy said...

It looks like you guys had lots of fun! It's definatley a good backyard for egg hunts!